Getting discouraged...

luludoll
on 4/17/15 1:20 pm

I am no longer losing weight. 10 months post op Gastric bypass.

Anyone else experience this?

momjan
on 4/17/15 1:50 pm - Canada

You don`t provide enough info for anyone to give you any suggestions.  Are you just on a stall......what type of weight have you lost, are you near your goal....what are you eating, how are you eating (how many meals, etc), how are you drinking your water, taking vitamins....have you talked to your doctor or nutritionist?????

luludoll
on 4/17/15 2:03 pm

Hi... I am eating what I was eating before. I am about 50 pounds to goal weight and I've lost 90.

WereYorkie
on 4/17/15 4:12 pm
VSG on 05/11/15

And I'll ask her question again... what are you eating? What is your carb intake? what is your calorie and fat intake? Are you keeping a food diary so you can see what your doing? How much exercise are you getting?

How much did the doctor want you to lose versus how much you want to lose?

The answers to these questions will help us give you a definitive response rather than a bunch of shots in the dark.    

Highest Weight: 340 (7/2/14)  Initial Consult: 327.8 (2/24/15) Home Weigh In on Surgery Date: 291.8 (5/11/15) Today's Weight: 187.4 (5/20/16) Total So Far: 152.6 Pounds!!!!!!

"There's only us. There's only this... forget regret. Or life is yours to miss. No other road. No other way. No day but today."

Pianotchr
on 4/25/15 3:25 am

I am in the exact same position as you.  Very frustrated.  I've lost 96lbs, about 50 to go.   Weight loss slowed down and stopped.  I hope someone can help us!

Pianotchr

Kate -True Brit
on 4/17/15 5:40 pm - UK

Telling us you are eating what you were eating before is not enough for anyone to help you. Early loss, especially with the bypass, can occur on a larger calorie intake than later loss. If you want suggestions, the more details you give, the more help you can get. 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 4/17/15 9:54 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Try updating your ticker too, showing what procedure you had & when, how much you've lost & what goal u r going for. The more info you provide will give you more answers. We have no idea what you've eaten b4, so how can we provide you with tips now?

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Ashley in Belgium
on 4/17/15 10:10 pm - Belgium
RNY on 08/08/13

You are most likely in a stall and you probably need to adjust down your calorie consumption.  When we get closer to goal it gets harder to loose the last pounds.  If you are eating too many calories/carbs then you may have put yourself into early maintenance.  Hard to say without a glimpse of your daily menu, starting weight, goal weight etc.  

But at 10 months out you still have time to get to goal during the honeymoon phase.  Good luck!

Revision Band to RNY 8/8/13 5'4" HW 252 Lbs / SW 236 Lb / GW 135 lb / CW 127

White Dove
on 4/17/15 10:20 pm - Warren, OH

This is normal after RNY.  If you are at your goal weight, then you should expect to stay close to that for another year or so, as long as you stick to your eating and exercise plan.  If you still have weight to lose, then you will need to start counting calories and weighing yourself daily.  Even if at goal, it is a good idea to go down an additional ten, twenty, or even thirty extra pounds to allow for the Bounceback regain that happens after year two.

Of course you need to be following your food and exercise plan.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 4/17/15 11:19 pm - OH

It is likely just a stall. You don't say how long you have been at the same weight, but you are at a very common point for a stall. My only significant stall was at 9 months out and lasted almost 9 weeks.

The further out you are from surgery, the more the weight loss slows for everyone.  That is partially because your body has been slowly overcoming the caloric malabsorption caused by the bypass since very shortly after surgery. That process completes somewhere between 18 and 24 months out. So at 10 months out, you are absorbing significantly more of the calories you eat.

It is also partly because when you weight more, you burn more calories just to survive (it takes very roughly 10 calories per pound of body weight, so someone 200 pounds needs about 2000 calories to maintain their weight but someone 300 pounds needs 3000).

Because of both of those things, it is possible (as Kate said) that you may have been eating too many calories up to this point but were still losing, but now may need to decrease the calories in order to keep losing.

My money would be on a normal stall, though...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Most Active