Finishing up day 2 of 5DPT

Mrsdean4
on 5/27/15 7:49 pm - VA

That's my understanding of it, after reading the website.  I think the person began it for the types of surgeries that form pouches that can be stretched out from subsequent over eating.  I don't think it is effective to shrink my sleeve, but I do think it is a very helpful tool to stop the madness and get focused again.  My plan is to cut out all of the junk (that was the liquid phase) and then get used to the way I should have been eating this whole time (that's the progression through the next three days) then continue on my way.  

I don't understand why some folks are so sensitive to the concept.  I have no problems admitting that I fell off my plan in a major way and need some help refocusing.  This is helping.  =)

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 5/27/15 8:00 pm - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

Well I guess if going thru a modified version of the stages is what you need to refocus, then best of luck to you. I just hope you don't have to keep going thru the stages over n over if your weight creeps up again. 

I like the last stage, regular dense protein. There was only but so much cottage cheese & soup that I could take. I still have soup leftover. Good thing it has a long shelf life! Good luck!

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

Mrsdean4
on 5/27/15 8:01 pm - VA

Thanks!  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/27/15 1:28 pm - OH

Part of the reason that people are critical of it is something Grim mentioned: that many people who do it end up doing it repeatedly.  For most people, it reinforces the old dieting mentality (diet - deprivation - surrender - regain)... that old merry-go-round that kept us all struggling with our weight for years.

There isn't anything that you can accomplish with the 5DPT that you cannot accomplish by going back to basics with solid food eating almost nothing but protein, eliminating carbs, and keeping portions small.  Going back to the basics without doing a liquid diet will reinforce the new, healthy eating behaviors that we all need in order to keep our weight under control. 

Maybe you won't be one of those people for whom it is psychologically detrimental.  Just be aware that the psychological aspect exists.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 5/28/15 5:15 am
VSG on 12/06/12

You don't have a pouch with the sleeve. You have a fully functioning stomach. Which is made of the fundus and it is very hard to stretch it. You asked about it and people responded. Please get over your self. Support is not rainbows and unicorn farts. Nobody was harsh in any way we were all very nice in our answers.

Mrsdean4
on 5/28/15 6:25 am - VA

I asked a specific question and got ridiculed instead.  It's clear that the vast majority of you guys have no idea what you're talking about.  That's okay, I'm good.  ;)

Brad Special
Snowflake

on 5/28/15 6:29 am
VSG on 12/06/12

Not one person here ridiculed you. Please feel free at any time to show me the scientific studies that show how awesome the five day pouch test works so well. You apparently know so much you were not even aware that you don't have a pouch. So keep thinking what you want.

Mrsdean4
on 5/28/15 6:34 am - VA

I think I have figured out why so many people are so eager to give me grief over this. Fear of losing control is a terrible thing.   I wish you all the best on your own journeys, but I won't be responding to this thread anymore.  It isn't helpful to me at this point, and I am here to get support and offer it.  I can't explain what people refuse to accept, and I don't really care about the people judging me.  

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/28/15 12:37 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13
On May 28, 2015 at 6:34 AM Pacific Time, Mrsdean4 wrote:

I think I have figured out why so many people are so eager to give me grief over this. Fear of losing control is a terrible thing.   I wish you all the best on your own journeys, but I won't be responding to this thread anymore.  It isn't helpful to me at this point, and I am here to get support and offer it.  I can't explain what people refuse to accept, and I don't really care about the people judging me.  

I'm always curious about people who have had a VSG and are further out than me.  Is your ticker accurate?  Did you stop losing weight or gain weight back?  I'm at 18 months post surgery and still trying to reach goal, so it helps to know what obstacles other people encountered.

Thanks!  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

Most Active