Kate True-Brit: Online Memorial Service

Bette B.
on 6/10/15 2:42 pm

One thing I'm sure of though: because of Kate I will never again assume that "internet friends" that we've never met in person can not make real differences in our lives.

Banded 10 years & maintaining my weight loss!! Any questions, message me.

Kathy S.
on 6/10/15 11:47 am - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Her grace, support and wisdom will be miss more than words can say.  RIP Kate

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

chris_ruff
on 6/10/15 12:28 pm
RNY on 04/07/09 with

i've been floating around OH since 2009 and Kate has been a steady, thoughtful, and kind presence from my day 1. you could count on her for a non-judgmental and often funny response. as a successful band-ster she was a rarity around these parts, and she always had empathy for those who were struggling. what a lovely person! kate, you are missed. 

--Christina
Ms Shell
on 6/17/15 4:05 pm - Hawthorne, CA

I'm at a loss I remember her when I first came to OH researching the LapBand...truly a loss...

"WLS is only for people who are ready to move past the "diet" mentality" ~Alison Brown
"WLS is not a Do-Over (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.)  It is a Do-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)" ~ Michele Vicara aka Eggface

(deactivated member)
on 6/18/15 12:37 pm - Minneapolis, MN
VSG on 10/23/12
I haven't been back for a while, but I saw that Elena posted this message today. I am really, really sad to hear that Kate passed away. She was so kind, so caring, so genuine to everyone and anyone- no matter if they were pro/con Lap-Band. She saw the good in everyone.

RIP, Kate. XOXO
(deactivated member)
on 6/18/15 7:21 pm - Wiesbaden, Germany
DS on 10/08/13

This makes me terribly sad. 

Kate was a good friend and kind to a fault. If you got her riled up, you had to have gone over the top (I only recall a single person who managed to do this).

She was honest yet tactful. She did her best to help others, especially bandied who had questions or were going through challenging periods. 

She has left us entirely too soon but may she rest in peace. 

KattattaK
on 6/20/15 12:21 pm, edited 6/20/15 12:22 pm

It has just finally occurred to me who Kate was, and this news ha**** me like a ton of bricks! She and I actually communicated via private message. I had questions about my lapband, and she seemed very knowledgeable,  so I sent her a message. She was so patient, and although I felt I was sending her "stupid" questions, she assured me they weren't. she was very positive, patient, kind, and understanding. I told her I had been an on again off again member on this forum since the old days when it was lap band talk. She told me she had also been here since then. I am so very emotional and sad to hear of her untimely passing. I wish I could have met her in person. R.I.P. Kate 

Cindy W.
on 6/23/15 8:53 am

Extremely sad to learn of her passing . I do not come on this site often but it was such a joy to see her name because I knew if I had any questions she was there to give intelligent sound answers in such a friendly manner . I don't think there are words that can express how much she will be missed .

diane48
on 7/10/15 8:47 am
RNY on 05/07/13

I didn't comment when this first passed because there just weren't words to express the sadness of  her passing.  I find myself missing her sensibility more and more.  With all of the bad things happening with lap bands, she was proof that it did work sometines.  I loved her  stories of her travels and of tourists around her home.  She made me laugh so many times. Just miss her.  

mot
on 7/29/15 2:21 am

Hi

I registered solely to write this message. This is my mum you're all talking about. I wanted to say thankyou for showing your appreciation for her. It means a lot.

I'm still struggling to accept it. It's very hard for me to come to terms with. She is/was full of life and energy. This is still a complete shock.

It's good to know she was surrounded by friends and was valued on this site. It makes me sad to read your comments, but that's ok.

thanks again

Regarding her lapband. It seemed to revolutionise her life. In my eyes, over the years since surgery she completely transformed and blossomed. Doing things I never imagined she would do. Full of confidence. She really was evidence of how it can work out very well.

so

take care

Tom

Most Active