Scared and exited. Mixed emotions

Jenn77p
on 7/15/15 11:34 pm
RNY on 08/07/15

yay, I had my nutritionist and psych appt. surgery is set for August 7!!  Omg it's so close. I'm am so nervous. I am a baby when it comes to pain. Will I constantly be in pain? Will I constantly be nauseated? How long before myclothes are so big I need to get a smaller size? And then again another smaller size? I'm hoping to wear my clothes until they fall off of me. So many unknowns !?!?!? 

Jenn 77 p

Eggface
on 7/15/15 8:31 pm, edited 7/15/15 8:33 pm - Sunny Southern, CA

Best wishes on your upcoming surgery. Pain is really an individual thing but no you won't be in constant pain and they will give you drugs and manage what you have... it'll help to sort of mentally psyche yourself up a bit... it is major surgery so it's not pain free but the benefits to your health certainly outweigh the brief discomfort. Gas pain is usually the common complaint and walking as you are able will help that. 

You may be nauseous briefly and they can give you something for that.

It was a while before I bought new things and LOL yes almost had a few draws dropping moments. When you need to buy buy only minimal because you won't be in those long either :) I went from size 28 (some 30) to Medium tops and Size 4 pants. It's a wild ride.

I can feel your excitement in your post, happy for you... word of advice concentrate on making life changes: moving your body each day, water, vitamins, healthy food choices when you are chewing again, working on any emotional components to your obesity, don't focus on #'s on a scale, sizes, use those early months to make changes you can live with forever because despite the awesome helping hand of weight loss surgery... the scale can still go both ways. 

Best, Shelly

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Kimberly Y.
on 7/16/15 12:54 pm

From what I can glean from everyone's comments, the journey is different for everyone.  I experienced very little pain and very little nausea (and I brought that on myself).

It's gonna be awesome!

All the best!

Kimberly Y.

LynnAlex
on 7/17/15 4:35 pm
RNY on 08/04/15

I am excited for you, we will be going around the same time.  I'm afraid about the pre-surgery diet.   We are gonna be just fine, oh yeah, baby!!!, just fine!!  

Age 61 5'4" Consult-6/2/15: 238 SW-8/4/15: 210 CW:145 (6/30/18) M1-16#, M2-17#, M3-14#, M4-10#, M5-6#, M6-5#, M7-1#, M8 -3# Range 133-138 DexaScan 4/16/17 19% body fat---- 2016 wt avg 142-146, 2017, wt. avg 132-136, 2018 avg weight 144-146 bounce back is real.

(deactivated member)
on 7/20/15 11:23 am

We're going to be surgery twins! My date is also 8/4 for VSG. I'm very excited and nervous. 2 week liquid diet starts in the morning and I had my final pre-op visit with my surgeon today to review all the pre-op tests. Good luck!

Most Active