Pre Op Diet

leannaw
on 1/19/16 4:27 pm

So I have made it to my two week liquid diet and I am about to go crazy! I am only in taking 4-5 cans of boost a day and in my mind I think there has to be something a little more filling that is a liquid. Anyone have other suggestions?

Mishyk
on 1/19/16 5:45 pm
RNY on 01/06/16

Congrats!   Its a journey isn't it?

I was allowed to have all the sugar free jello and sugar free popscicles I wanted.  Jello was great to have something to chew.

leannaw
on 1/19/16 7:18 pm

Thanks for the info. How long were you on the diet for?

scoates0
on 1/19/16 7:04 pm
RNY on 01/29/16

I started my two week liquid diet yesterday and it is tough. I totally understand you wanting something more of substance. I have been eating sugar free Jell-O and that helps a little with my craving for something solid.  Good luck. 

leannaw
on 1/19/16 7:19 pm

Seems like sugar free Jell-O is okay to have then?

lxl_Miz_lxl
on 1/19/16 7:08 pm
VSG on 01/11/16

Is Boost what was recommended by your nutritionist or dietitian? 

leannaw
on 1/19/16 7:15 pm

It is on the list of a few different brands. I just keep reading other diets that allow other liquid that are a bit more filling.

Mishyk
on 1/19/16 7:30 pm
RNY on 01/06/16

I have been on liquids for a month now.   

Pre Op I was allowed to have the following:

Water, sugar free jello, Sugar free popsicles, clear broth (low sodium) and protein shakes.   I used Unjury mixed with water because I was not permitted to have milk.   Then was told I could have premier protein which flavor-wise was a huge upgrade.  

One week post Op my doctor added Egg Drop Soup to my menu.  

Those are the only foods I have had in 4 weeks.   

CMR1075
on 1/20/16 9:02 am
VSG on 01/15/16

My Dr allowed a light meal for dinner for the 2 week pre op diet. I would eat chicken and veggies. I did get hungry between my morning and afternoon protein shake so they said I could have raw veggies but not dipped in anything. That seemed to help. 

Han Shot First
on 1/21/16 4:25 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Honestly?  Nothing is going to make you feel full during the pre-op diet.  It sucks!  This was the worst part of the whole process for me.  You're doing a pretty extreme diet (compared to how you're used to eating) with no physical help at all.  

I tried to stay as busy as humanly possible, to try and keep my mind off of food.  The last thing I wanted to do was just sit around, because I knew my mind would immediately go to what I couldn't eat.  

But keep in mind that once you make it through this, it gets easier.  Once you have the surgery, you'll have a tool to help you, and it won't be anywhere nearly as bad.  You can make it through this, and then you can make it through anything post-op!

--

150 lost and maintaining!

Most Active