Head vs. Heart

MTS31801
on 9/30/16 9:35 pm

I didn't block them because I am mad at them Citizen Hag. Actually I could care less about them. What upsets me is that they are judging me over one post and they know nothing about me or my friend.  They may have experience but I won't be condescended to by people who know nothing about me. They read one post, made assumptions, posted Holier than thou replies...... and I'm suppose to bow because they're post-op years out? I'm a pretty easy going person, in the past it took a lot to **** me off. I work retail for years and had to stop because I just can't take being treat or talked to by assuming, unfeeling, insensitive jerks. If they didn't like my post all they had to say is I disagree with you. And ok maybe I didn't articulate myself correctly..... but I won't stand here and be attacked for my opinion. Right now I don't like there opinions and so I don't need to read them. Maybe later I will unblock them but right now they just plucked the wrong nerve.

I thank you for your concern over this matter Citizen Hag and your most likely right. I find you to be kind and understanding and I thank you for that. But respect isn't given it's earned, and they haven't earned mine yet. I would never respond to someone's post I didn't know with assumptions and accusations. I found them rude and insensitive. I maybe wrong but this is how I feel at the moment. My journey is just beginning, and there is a lot I don't know. Maybe they'll be more careful in how they respond to someone's post in the future.

You have a great weekend. I hope we can be friends. Take care.

Amy R.
on 10/2/16 12:48 pm

Maybe they'll be more careful in how they respond to someone's post in the future.

Wow.  Are you serious here?  Because I think you blocking anybody here to teach them some kind of lesson may not end well.  News flash:  those of us who've been here a while  neither want nor need the approval of anyone who has not even had surgery yet.  And honestly I don't think any of us keeps track of who (if anyone) has blocked us or why.  We rarely notice someone's posts are missing from a thread and it's even more rare for us to worry about it or care.

I'm sorry to be blunt but after having lived this lifestyle for almost eight years there just isn't a lot I can learn from you. 

Gwen M.
on 10/2/16 2:36 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

As someone you blocked - nah, your blocking me won't cause me to reply differently than what I posted here.  

You're basically getting pissed off for people responding to the information you provided them in a way that you didn't expect.  When multiple people do this, it is perhaps worth examining the common denominator in all of the reactions.  In this case, that common denominator is the information you provided.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

MTS31801
on 10/2/16 2:53 pm

One thing I have learned about WLS from you is......

When you loose a large amount of weight You gain a large amount of rudeness and insensitivity to others. The exact same attitude obese people have endured from skinny people for years. I will work twice as hard to loose the weight and stay kind and sensitive to others!

May God Bless you! 

Gwen M.
on 10/2/16 2:58 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

Thanks!  Good luck to you as well.  

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/2/16 3:02 pm
RNY on 08/05/19
On October 2, 2016 at 9:53 PM Pacific Time, MTS31801 wrote:

One thing I have learned about WLS from you is......

When you loose a large amount of weight You gain a large amount of rudeness and insensitivity to others. The exact same attitude obese people have endured from skinny people for years. I will work twice as hard to loose the weight and stay kind and sensitive to others!

May God Bless you! 

And may God bless you with continued wisdom in your journey! (Isaiah 5:21)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Grim_Traveller
on 10/2/16 3:17 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Jesus wept. (John 11:35 and The Waltons).

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 10/3/16 10:57 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

First Chill, then chill out again. Hang out & read more of the threads here. Read the ways people post. The forum is very interpretive here, what you read can be taken 1 way or another. One thing I keep in mind whenever I read a post that I thought was offensive, condescending whatever, I think do I not like the message, the messenger, or the way that it was sent, i.e tone.

What someone sends on one end can be interpreted a totally different way on the other end, after all its the internet. I believe most people here come from a good place & send responses not to put people down but give their opinion & try to help. 

People can interpret your post in a different way that you originally intended. Miscommunication is rampant here as well.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

-Flo-
on 10/1/16 6:47 am
DS on 04/11/16

I have read this whole thread and I don't see where you were getting beat up or flamed. Yes, people had different opinions than you but I found none of the post rude.  It is hard to read tone on a message board. Please continue to post this is a valuable website. 

In regard to the head vs heart, I will say that pre op I thought surgery would make it so easy and fix everything. In reality it is an everyday struggle to make the right choices. Some days I don't win. Some days I do. If you have trouble following a diet preop, you will probably struggle with following a diet post op. Yes, surgery makes it easier but it does not take away head hunger, cravings and years of behaviors. If you are looking at it from an addiction standpoint, food is the only addiction where you can not eliminate your drug of choice. You have to face it at least 3 times a day. I think that is why so many post ops regain weight. 

MTS31801
on 10/1/16 7:20 am

I wish I never would of made this post! I will think twice before I make another post! 

Most Active