HELP! No Judgements, I already feel like crap!

Tdheason
on 5/4/17 5:07 am
RNY on 06/27/16

I had surgery ryn surgery 11 months ago, I stopped losing weight at 142 lb (was 242) but I also started eating way more and I can eat a pretty good serving of food now. Nothing I eat makes me sick, which is horrible because I'm having a horrible sweet tooth and have been eating a candy bar just about every day. I am not eating fast food but I have been eating so much sugar and drink 2 seven oz. cans of Dr. Pepper a day. The entire time after surgery I have had a really tough time drinking water and I hate flavored water, makes me want to throw up. I know my pouch has stretched. I am now at 147 lb. I am walking 2 miles a day.

I know some people on here can be horrible and so judgmental and don't worry I have already said all the bad stuff to myself so don't need to hear what a failure I am, I already know what a total loser I am. I just need help and encouragement right now. Tell me how to get back on track or have I already messed way to badly?

birdiegirl
on 5/4/17 5:19 am

You have to like yourself enough to turn this around. Only YOU can decide if you're worth it.

Good Luck

NHPOD9
on 5/4/17 5:37 am

It seems like you already know what to do: cut out the sugar. A 5lb gain is not insurmountable, but it will become more unless you reign in where you know you struggle. It sounds like you can not do sugar in moderation, so cut it all out.

You can continue to make excuses for why you are drinking soda, or you can find an alternative (tea, sparkling or plain water, diet soda, etc) and deal with the fact that it may not be what you really want. Everyone's pouch stretches some; it is doubtful you have done major damage, as it takes a dedicated effort to do so. Regain is rarely the result of just eating more than you could 11 months ago; it has to do with eating the wrong foods.

~Jen
RNY, 8/1/2011
HW: 348          SW: 306          CW:-fighting regain
    GW: 140

He who endures, conquers. ~Persius

Tdheason
on 5/4/17 5:42 am
RNY on 06/27/16

You are so right, I need to cut out all sugar. I just can't imagine never having anything sweet again, but I guess it is sweets and be fat again or sticking to this, I don't like feeling deprived but I got to get over it. Thanks for your kindness!

NYC-Hot-Stuff
on 5/4/17 8:20 am

You don't "need to" do anything. If you "want to" do something, whatever it may be, you'll do it.

OutsideMatchInside
on 5/8/17 11:10 am
VSG on 07/15/15

The root of your issue is feeling deprived. You have to figure out why eating healthy makes you feel deprived. Getting to the emotional core issue is going to make it a lot easier to make the right choices.

I used to treat myself all the time before I had surgery. Was I really treating myself though? I was slowly killing myself with food.

I learned to indulge myself with different things. When I am bored in the middle of that afternoon working, I take a walk instead of eating a snack I don't need. When I want to treat myself instead of spending $10 on fast food, I spend $15-17 on lipstick.

You are never going to resolve this issue if healthy eating makes you feel deprived, you will just keep falling off the wagon over and over. It will be impossible long term to make healthy choices.

Solve the emotional issues, and the rest will fall in line.

HW:370 Weight at First Consult: 365 Surgery 7/15/2015 Weight:358 CW: 187 Previous Clothing Size: 28/30 Current Clothing Size: 8/10

Knitter215
on 5/4/17 5:44 am
VSG on 08/23/16

Consider going back to the basics - log all your food. Eat protein first. Get your water in. Space your food and water. Sometimes, we all slip, but you need to get yourself back on the horse and start riding.

Consider "shocking" your system by going back to a post-op type liquid diet for a few days to clear all the sugar from your system, but be prepared for the carb withdrawal headaches -- have your Tylenol ready.

You've come this far -- you can do this. Go back to basics and those five pounds will be gone in no time.

Best of luck.

Keep on losing!

Diana

HW 271.5 (April 2016) SW 246.9 (8/23/16) CW 158 (5/2/18)

ladygodiva1228
on 5/4/17 5:47 am - Putnam, CT
Revision on 02/04/15

It is really going to suck, but you need to stop the sugar now. Get rid of the Dr. Pepper and find a way to drink the water. Stop with the candy bars. Find protein forward alternatives.

You need to track/weigh/measure everything you put in your mouth going forward.

You say you know your pouch has stretch and I bet it hasn't, but because you are eating sugary, carby foods they are going through easier than dense protein. You've come this far don't get discouraged just get back on track. You can do it.

Dr. Sanchez Lapband 9/12/2003
hw305/revision w280/cw197/gw150

Revision from Lap Band to Bypass on 2/4/2015 by Dr. Pohl

Laura in Texas
on 5/4/17 6:09 am

2 sodas is almost 80 grams of sugar. The *****commends we have less than 25 grams a day. Log everything you eat and drink to get a clear view of what you are consuming. Be honest with yourself.

You have worked hard. I am sure you do not want to gain it all back. Do what you know you need to do.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Gwen M.
on 5/4/17 6:18 am
VSG on 03/13/14

If you aren't already, start tracking everything you put into your mouth using something like MyFitnessPal. This will help you see what you're getting and where you need to adjust.

From there, work on cutting the soda habit and replacing it with calorie-free liquids. Try everything and find something you're able to tolerate. Even diet Dr. Pepper would be better (although hopefully you can find something else!) :)

Then work to prioritize dense proteins and skip the processed and refined carbs. Weigh your meals as you plate them and don't go back for seconds.

Figure out what to replace the candy bar with. For now, that might be a Quest protein bar. They're sweet, but have great nutritional stats, so that might help you to fight the candy bar urge.

Great work on the movement!

You can do this. Work on one thing at a time and build those new habits. Also, if you're not already, I highly recommend that you find a therapist to work with to help you get your mojo back.

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Most Active