Healthy Breakfast

White Dove
on 2/13/18 2:41 pm - Warren, OH

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

White Dove
on 2/13/18 2:42 pm - Warren, OH

Actually the egg would be much healthier for us.

Nknerr
on 2/14/18 7:36 am
VBG on 12/07/17

That "healthy" breakfast would send my blood sugars soaring! Both the peach and the apple are carbs!

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

califsleevin
on 2/14/18 8:34 am - CA

Healthy is a matter of context and nutritional need. If one is diabetic or insulin resistant, then you stay away from something like this, or work around it. If you are not and just into low carbing because that's what's in fashion at the moment, then it is no more healthy or unhealthy than the bacon, eggs and fried potato breakfast that was a no-no when low fat was the fad of the day. Personally,I would only do this when fresh peaches are in season rather than the canned thing shown there, and probably swap the apples for some whole grain toast and cheese, but then I'm agnostic to the whole fat/carb thing (we've seen it all before.)

Actually, breakfast today is whole grain crepes stuffed with berries and yogurt, so not far off of this.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

White Dove
on 2/14/18 2:41 pm - Warren, OH

This was meant to be a joke

califsleevin
on 2/14/18 5:53 pm - CA

It had some elements of that in there. But considering what some do to make low fat/carb (depending upon what's in style) frankenfoods, it's not far off the mark, and is probably better than most as at least it is made up of real food, as opposed to low/no fat butter or ice cream or low carb bread.

1st support group/seminar - 8/03 (has it been that long?)  

Wife's DS - 5/05 w Dr. Robert Rabkin   VSG on 5/9/11 by Dr. John Rabkin

Nknerr
on 2/15/18 12:19 pm
VBG on 12/07/17

I didn't mean to make it sound like I eat NO carbs, but there are at least 3 carbs on that plate. Before my surgery, I could have eaten it and like it, but since the surgery and cutting my insulin in more than 1/2, I could eat either the peach half or about 1/3 of the apple sticks.

However, I would consider doing the peach half and yogurt WITH a fried egg on the side...but that is just my preference, since apples belong with peanut butter.

I don't believe in the whole "low fat" thing. I use butter and am quite proud of that fact. (Still better for you than hydrogenated oils).

Natalie

2/2017: 340 VSG: 12/7/2017 - 272 1/29/18: 253

MeerKat1994
on 2/14/18 5:30 pm
RNY on 05/09/17

Too funny!

(deactivated member)
on 2/18/18 7:23 am, edited 2/17/18 11:27 pm

It?s a European breakfast lol- probiotic containing fat free yogurt, a bit of preserved non sugared fruit as sweetener .. and fresh fruit.

And yes I would eat this a thousand times over the traditional multi-thousand calorie ? American? breakfast of greasy home fries, oil-cooked whole eggs, bacon and buttered bread !!

Which contains not a single fresh thing , unhealthy preservatives to cure the bacon that are proved to be highly cancer causing ..and an unholy amount of excess fat. People eat like this .. its no wonder they?re riding motorized carts because they?re too weak to carry their own weight even shopping for more food in Walmart.

Please believe me ... you don?t see this anywhere else in the world but in America..possibly occasionally in Canada but NOWHERE else.

Its terribly sad -we're digging our graves with our teeth. I personally so HATE seeing BS justification for choosing health damaging cheap foods that only profit highly subsidized fast food restaurant chains while costing American taxpayers so much over and over - in health,in suffering, in exorbitant excess taxes paying for those factory-style agricultural subsidies.

White Dove
on 2/19/18 7:43 am - Warren, OH

That post was a joke.

Most Active