Ummm.....thanks, I think.

Ajeffries
on 5/27/18 6:38 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

So I went to church today and one of the ladies, who can be a little "snarky" but in a condescendingly sweet way, stated, "You've maintained your weight very well. A lot of the ones here who have had the surgery have gained all the weight back. They look like porkers and you look good." Now, I have gained weight back. I went from 164 to 177 but I am maintaining at that weight. She said this in front of another lady who was chatting with me about starting keto and losing 50 lbs and had 50 more to go. She previously had the gastric sleeve also. The other lady and I looked at snarky lady dumbfounded. We both didn't know what to say. Snarky lady walked off after I said Uhh thank you?!?! I can only imagine the other lady's feelings. I just don't understand the behaviour of some people.

Gwen M.
on 5/27/18 7:09 pm
VSG on 03/13/14

"Wow! What a rude thing to say!"

VSG with Dr. Salameh - 3/13/2014
Diagnosed with Binge Eating Disorder and started Vyvanse - 7/22/2016
Reconstructive Surgeries with Dr. Michaels - 6/5/2017 (LBL & brachioplasty), 8/14/2017 (UBL & mastopexy), 11/6/2017 (medial leg lift)

Age 42 Height 5'4" HW 319 (1/3/2014) SW 293 (3/13/2014) CW 149 (7/16/2017)
Next Goal 145 - normal BMI | Total Weight Lost 170

TrendWeight | Food Blog (sort of functional) | Journal (down for maintenance)

Ajeffries
on 5/27/18 7:14 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

That's what I thought! I just couldn't figure out if she was trying to be rude to both of us because of our regain or did she really think she was giving a compliment and trying to be snarky to my friend. I NEVER discuss anyone's weight regain! It was just so rude.

CC C.
on 5/27/18 7:11 pm

Amazing sometimes the things that come out of church going people's mouths. She needs to do more listening during services and less yapping afterward!

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/18 5:52 am
VSG on 10/11/16

The good person out of the good treasure of his heart produces good, and the evil person out of his evil treasure produces evil, for out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks. Luke 6:45

Hit her with this the next time she pulls a stunt like that. She will surely maintain her innocence, but she'll know. I've experienced similar comments at church, but they have all been made privately, and while similar, with much less venom for those who have regained. So while the comments have been awkward, there didn't seem to be any snark attached. I've experienced plenty of that in my life to know it when I see it, too.

Ajeffries
on 5/28/18 6:37 am
VSG on 01/27/16

That's a good quote. I couldn't think of anything and just stared.

(deactivated member)
on 5/28/18 3:31 pm
VSG on 10/11/16

Sometimes that is even better. But the Bible - the Word of God - is sharper than any two edged sword. When it is presented to people they know in their soul it is right. And it convicts them. It convicts all of us, you and me included.

For the word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart. Hebrews 4:12

Shannon S.
on 5/28/18 5:06 pm
VSG on 11/07/17

Just goes to show you church folk aren't always nice. Shame on her!

Most Active