Dating after surgery

Lady2This
on 10/29/18 8:52 pm - NC

I've been friends with someone for Over a year but I want take it further than just a friend because of how I was feeling. Thank you

Valerie G.
on 10/30/18 10:56 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

If he's aware, then it shouldn't be an issue at all, and you're certainly not cat-fishin'.

Like I said, when the heart and soul is involved, the physical attributes are so secondary!

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

VioletFemme
on 10/26/18 4:32 pm, edited 10/26/18 9:34 am - Greater Toronto Area, Canada

I hoed at 250 lbs. I'm still gonna hoe at 150 with saggy breasts and bat wings. I think once you're 30 or older, it doesn't matter. Women have lose skin and scars for a variety of reasons (child birth etc) and guys know that and don't care .... cause it's still sex. Also, I think if you're confident about who you are, they will pick up on that. If you're insecure about your body it just amplifies "flaws". If it's a big issue for you then wait longer till getting naked with someone.

Female 30s Canada
RNY January 4, 2019
I lost 100% of my excess weight.
Currently re-comping body/losing vanity pounds prior to plastics.

Ajeffries
on 10/29/18 2:49 pm
VSG on 01/27/16

If you are getting naked, most men don't care. All they usually are thinking is "I actually got someone naked. I'm going to have sex. Woo Hoo!" Everyone is usually too preoccupied about themselves to enjoy it. For instance, most people think "Is my penis big enough? Are my breasts too droopy?" They truly don't care about your saggy skin with scars. You will most likely be more worried about your body than your partner. Your partner will be worried about his body/performance.

Lady2This
on 10/29/18 8:37 pm - NC

Lol! Well said! Lol

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 10/29/18 6:26 pm
RNY on 08/05/19

After my surgery, I pretty much looked like any other average woman in her mid-30's who'd maybe carried a pregnancy or two (even though I hadn't been pregnant at that point).

I think most women are pretty lumpy underneath their clothes, massive weight loss or no :)

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

(deactivated member)
on 10/30/18 4:17 am

My doctor told me this exact thing. We want perfection after WLS surgery.

danmarc
on 10/30/18 12:59 am

The fact is we think so much negative about ourselves and this leads to low self-esteem and depression. We cannot be good for everyone but there are too many people that are going to like the way you look. So moral of the story: Kill your negative thoughts and you are good to go!

Just my thoughts

Most Active