Cutting Carbs vs. Calories - the Latest Info

Batwingsman
on 12/21/18 12:48 pm, edited 12/21/18 12:54 pm - Garland, TX

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/22/18 6:41 pm - Burleson, TX

AARP??? Seniors??? WHOM do you think needs THIS information???

Oh...wait...

Me...

Errr...ummm...thanks, Paul :)

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Batwingsman
on 12/23/18 8:45 pm - Garland, TX

Yep, hard to believe sometimes I'm 57, and technically could have joined A.A.R.P. 7 years ago .. When I was a teenager I never wanted to be "old" like my dad .. but hey, it beats the alternative!

Happy Holidays to you, Gina (and to everyone)!

Frank talk about the DS / "All I ever wanted to be was thin, like that Rolling Stones dude ... "

HW/461 LW/251 GW/189 CW/274 (yep, a DS semi-failure - it happens :-( )

PrivateCitizen
on 12/22/18 11:02 pm

For every new article that provides information on low carbohydrate and avoiding processed carbs (who eat plain oats?) and all sugars there are other magazines that laugh at, mis-report and state incorrect information, thus actually turning people away from ever learning more.

In a recent GQ issue one staff writer 'reported' in such a biased manner it was worthless.

Unless they provide valid links to studies, back up what they say, or quote an actual MD, then it's just typical 'filler'. Many online 'zines with 23 yr old 'health editors' do the same thing - just blithely make jokes and comments that help no one.

Four years ago I got flack for evern talking about low carb, my RD would not permit me to discuss what I was doing-with success!- in our 'nutrition' group, frustrating. Now more and more evidence shows that basic calorie in-calorie out 'logic' has failed us-for 50 years, or we'd all be thin.

Obviously simply blaming the patient for cheating, or laziness, etc etc for a known 95-99% diet failure rate, that is normal? surely 95% of serious people who are desperate to lose can't be lying.

Most Active