Compression garments/shapewear thoughts?

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 4/4/19 8:58 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Honestly, I've had the best luck with totally random brands that I pick up at Ross.

I found one, years ago, that's a racerback cami with no compression above the bra band, but it wasn't a cutout BYOB style. I absolutely love it and wish I could buy a dozen more, especially since they work nicely under my derby jersey.

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

Amy R.
on 4/4/19 3:25 pm

Just spit out my Diet Coke! Hahahaa "BYOB style". That is hilarious. Thanks Julie, I'll be hijacking that term for sure. ;)

Looks like I'm just going to need to look around and try things on. I'm lazy and had hoped to skip that step.

Amy R.
on 4/5/19 8:25 am

Thanks everyone! I ordered some cupids and some flexees to try. They are much more reasonable. I'm also going to order one of Gwen's Balis and figure this out. I thought to buy one Spanx and compare but they are crazy expensive and I'm far from rich. (72$ on one high wasted garment!)

I appreciate everyone answering - this isnt' an area I'm familiar with so thanks again. =)

PrivateCitizen
on 4/5/19 8:33 pm

If you want to look at comfy and with lower cost i found great high waisted spanx-type shapers by Maidenform, at Ross. they pull up/down easy, have the longer thigh one, sorter waist ones, all styles. (Do you have Ross stores where you are?) I've tried a waist cinched type, with the little hooks up the front, some narrow boning all around, but too pinchy and they tend to roll up if you have rounder hips. Some have a rubbery/ribbing at the top of waist/bottom of leg length to stay secure, but not as easy to take down during, or in hot weather.. bought 2 and never wear them.

so, good luck!

Amy R.
on 4/5/19 10:12 pm

Thanks! I'm coming to the conclusion that all of this i**** and miss more than anything else. I've ordered some different brands including Maidenform so I'll just have to try them on and see. I appreciate everybody's input; it's all made it much easier than it could have been.

Most Active