What a ride!

Melody P.
on 7/19/19 8:06 am - Amarillo, TX

It's been an interesting past few years. Lots of pain, both physical and mental. A revision and facing of demons tucked away in my brain. I won't lie, there are times I regretted doing this. BUT it passes. I knew it'd be hard and I was right. I've read a few people saying it's the easy way out of obesity. They have no clue what goes into WLS. It is ignorance. Plain & simple.

I write all this as I am one pounds away from 100 pounds lost since the beginning of this whole thing. I never really thought before this journey that I could do that. That I'd be on insulin for a shortened life span. Not that insulin means an earlier death but the life I was living was. I'm in counseling for an eating disorder, I'm actively seeking to help myself instead of showing myself putrid hate.

It's been weird to see myself through this thing. My mom has put up with a lot through this as well. I thank her more than I can put into words. My nieces & nephew are the true drive for me to be around longer. But above all I did this for myself. I was tired of 5 shots every single day, metformin and the other meds!

i don't regret the surgery, my only regret is not doing it sooner before I had the complications of diabetes. Retinopathy is no joke!

Obligatory before & after.

LISER617
on 7/19/19 10:54 am - MA
RNY on 08/01/14

you look great! Congrats!

Lisa (38) my goal is 160 lbs.... my dream is happy and healthy

MadisonRose
on 7/20/19 12:20 pm
RNY on 01/23/19

You look absolutely amazing! You should be very proud. Congrats to you and keep up the awesome work!

Surgery: RNY on 1/23/19

jmk187
on 7/22/19 1:51 am
VSG on 02/13/19

Wow! what a difference! Congrats and I hope I am as successful as you have been.

HW-430

SW-372

Day of Surgery-347

CW-246

Most Active