Get over it. Thank you

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/26/19 12:20 pm
Try to research these articles and maybe bring that to the attention to your son's doctor? 7. Turnbaugh PJ, Hamady M, Yatsunenko T, et al. A core gut microbiome in obese and lean twins. Nature. 2009;457(7228):480-484.PubMedGoogle ScholarCrossref 8. Ajslev TA, Andersen CS, Gamborg M, Sørensen TI, Jess T. Childhood overweight after establishment of the gut microbiota: the role of delivery mode, pre-pregnancy weight and early administration of antibiotics. Int J Obes (Lond). 2011;35(4):522-529.PubMedGoogle ScholarCrossref 9. Vael C, Verhulst SL, Nelen V, Goossens H, Desager KN. Intestinal microflora and body mass index during the first three years of life: an observational study. Gut Pathog. 2011;3(1):8.PubMedGoogle ScholarCrossref 10. Cox LM, Yamanishi S, Sohn J, et al. Altering the intestinal microbiota during a critical developmental window has lasting metabolic consequences. Cell. 2014;158(4):705-721.PubMedGoogle ScholarCrossref

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Willie H.
on 12/26/19 4:56 pm
VSG on 08/26/14

Thank you. I'll look deep into it!

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/27/19 6:09 am - Burleson, TX

HALA -exactly!!!! Many of us, here on OH, have a heck of time, in maintenance, and are happy to share our experience...but we share the TRUTH...rarely are there donuts and Doritoes involved, in the "successful", part...the part with no dumping, gut pain, tight pants, etc...

Like you, I GET it...and I learn every stinkin' day - from all of you

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

Riva_G.
on 12/24/19 3:33 pm
DS on 07/18/19

I totally agree. I know someone who has done vsg and she keeps complaining to me that she keeps gaining weight. Whenever I try to suggest that it's her eating habits she gets defensive and tells me that I'm not one to talk, since I'm mal-absorbing. At a certain point you learn not to respond, but my question is why do you reach out for help if you aren't willing to listen? I don't understand those ppl at all.

Gina 21 Years Out
on 12/27/19 6:11 am - Burleson, TX

You just keep walking the walk, and setting the example...YOU do YOU !!!

You will be so healthy !!!

RNY 4-22-02...

LW: 6lb,10 oz SW:340lb GW:170lb CW:155

We Can Do Hard Things

H.A.L.A B.
on 12/27/19 9:25 am

"...my question is why do you reach out for help if you aren't willing to listen? I don't understand those ppl at all."

From my personal observation- people like that want excuses why they are gaining, sympathy, company in misery ("I gained the weight also from medications you are taking").

And they often want the patting on their head and be told they are are doing the best they can, and they still look great. Remember :" only wants to hear the positives..."

I also know people IRL who had WLS and gained weight. And some of them believe that because they had WLS, they should not be on a diet. And as you - when I look at what they eat and drink..I know why they are gaining. When I chose to eat like they do - even in smaller quantities - I gain.

I.e. I gain weight if I add alcohol to the mix. Drinking alcohol regularly, in addition to my meals make me gain weight and gain it fast. A beer or wine, 2-3 times a week, changes how my body process food.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active