Unsure of where to begin.

Willie H.
on 3/9/20 9:26 am
VSG on 08/26/14

Hey Aaron,

So sorry to hear that. I think most of us on this forum can relate to you. I've always felt that there is no death worse, than the "death of hope", feeling hopeless is discouraging, devastating and numbs us to the point of being paralyzed. But we can only steer and change directions in a car if the car is on, in gear and moving. So to change your situation, it is imperative that you start-more sooner than later. Start something, call around, get information! It may be a cliche' but truly-even the longest journey starts with that "first step".

My friend and I both got information on VSG at the same time-June 2014. I had my surgery 3 months later in August 2014. he just had his last year July 2019. Although he is doing well now, because he procrastinated he had gained more weight and was miserable for all those 5 years. As he stated: "I just would not start". In no way am I saying that is your situation, but I am saying you need to get stepping! A year from now, 5 years from now-will still be just that-1 year and 5 years from now. The question is: "what will you be then?" Your health-right now-has to be your priority, because everything else you do, or want to do, is, and will be, connected to it.

So Aaron, my advice to you, based on my experience-s to just "take that first step!" I wish you well. We are here for you.

Vertical Gastric Sleeve-(8/26/14)HW 347lbs SW-328lbs CW-247 lbs  GW-212lbs Randolph,                                                                                       "LOVE" is knowing someone has the power to hurt you, yet TRUST that they won't"  "Sing like no one's listening and dance like no one's watching!!"

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/10/20 4:26 am

Very nicely said.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

CerealKiller Kat71
on 3/10/20 9:05 am
RNY on 12/31/13

You've already gotten several posts of excellent advice.

I wanted to add that, depending upon where you are located, Cleveland Clinic Bariatrics is also an option. There were/are several people in support groups there over 600 pounds.

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Most Active