New here. Having Roux En Y in 5 days

Nona_2_1
on 7/15/20 7:37 pm, edited 7/16/20 7:01 pm
RNY on 07/20/20

I just wanted to say hello to everyone. Your posts are informative and encouraging. I'm in the stretch just before surgery (7/20). I'm struggling just a tad with the diet. I'm not a fan of sweets and the protein shakes are just too sweet for me. I understand the sweetness can intensify after surgery. I'm honestly happiest when I'm just sipping on broth, but I'm trying to get the protein in. I'm probably the only one ever looking forward to clear liquids. Can you recommend anything to cut the sweetness a bit? Thank you in advance.

Dee_Caprini
on 7/16/20 10:10 am

There are a few protein shakes that can be warmed up (Unjury has 2) that are pretty tasty. You can also try cutting your protein shake with water to drown out the sweetness and you will still be getting in your liquids. Just keep track of your intake for your nutritionist.

Best of luck to you, you will be in good hands! Can't wait to welcome you on the losers bench!

Nona_2_1
on 7/16/20 3:33 pm
RNY on 07/20/20

Thank you. I do have 4 flavors of Unjury. I tried the strawberry for the first time today and that one seems to be the least sweet of all 4 brands that I've tried. I haven't tried the other flavors yet. Thanks again. I'll also try diluting the others with water. I don't want waste them

TJFox
on 7/20/20 8:24 am

Good advice from Dee! Congratulations on your surgery day. Wishing you a good recovery!

LisaKelley
on 7/16/20 6:22 pm

I had a roux en Y on July 7. I have so much trouble with protein shakes. I just hate them. I have tried a lot of brands and different flavors, they are just terrible. I have trouble getting in 60 grams a protein. For me, the best way to drink them is over ice. I have also added unsweetened almond milk to them. Still nasty, but more tolerable.

Good luck with your surgery. I thought the recovery would be more difficult but after 3 days, I didn't even feel like I had surgery.

Stay positive, you will do great!

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGoSSrA/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wGoSSrA/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

Nona_2_1
on 7/16/20 7:01 pm
RNY on 07/20/20

Thank you! Almond milk is a really good tip. I tried mixing in some water this evening. That helped a lot. Maybe I'll try some ice also. Thank you for the tips and the well wishes.

dbk324
on 7/31/20 8:07 am - Stanaford, WV

What about a small amount of black coffee. I like ice and water in a Nutra bullet

catwoman7
on 7/17/20 6:51 am
RNY on 06/03/15

Unjury makes a chicken broth flavored protein powder. I used to drink that one a lot.

Nona_2_1
on 7/17/20 10:58 am
RNY on 07/20/20

I didn't see that on the website. I need to look again. I've been using Millies sipping broth and it's delicious!

Dee_Caprini
on 7/27/20 8:26 am

I use those too! Soooo good!

Most Active