Got the call to meet with the surgeon.

(deactivated member)
on 9/13/20 6:56 am

Hi all,

I received a call from Erin Dr. Boisvert Admin support and she asked if I could come in to meet with him this coming week. I'm so full of nerves and excitement. I've had a lot of people criticize me about my choice to do this. I'm very tall for a woman 6'1 so I hold my weigh well but I'm almost touching 300 pounds. I just hope that I get approved for the surgery. It's been a long journey since I got the first call end of MAY.

Melody P.
on 9/13/20 7:31 am - Amarillo, TX

Hello fellow tall lady! I had the surgery at 336. I was 6'2" but with back issues I've shrunk an inch.

some people just like to criticize something esp something they don't get or understand.

good luck on the appointment!

White Dove
on 9/13/20 12:49 pm - Warren, OH

I did not discuss with anyone except my husband and immediate family, so did not get much feedback. Most people whose lives would be very improved with weight loss surgery will never get it. Some can't afford it and others don't get it because of other people talking them out of it. Do what you want to do and don't let others influence your decision to make life better for you.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TJFox
on 9/14/20 7:42 am

Wishing you well on your journey! The is a very exciting time for you and I understand being nervous. Don't let the thoughts of others interfere with your quest to live a healthier life.

SuMari
on 9/14/20 3:34 pm

Awesome! I am right around the same stage as you! Hoping to get "the call' next week! My last Nutrition/supervised visit appointment is Friday!

Most Active