Whats your meal routine like?

Want2beMe
on 10/10/20 5:47 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

I'm not big on breakfast in the morning so I drink a protein shake. I eat lunch and supper just fine. I struggle to get 3 dairy snacks in a day. It seems like a lot of meals. Anyone else required to take in 3 dairy snacks? I'm allowed to drink dairy as a snack, but its hard to when I'm drinking water.

hollykim
on 10/11/20 6:22 pm - Nashville, TN
Revision on 03/18/15
On October 11, 2020 at 12:47 AM Pacific Time, Want2beMe wrote:

I'm not big on breakfast in the morning so I drink a protein shake. I eat lunch and supper just fine. I struggle to get 3 dairy snacks in a day. It seems like a lot of meals. Anyone else required to take in 3 dairy snacks? I'm allowed to drink dairy as a snack, but its hard to when I'm drinking water.

how many ounces are the dairy snacks? That's 6 "meals" a day with one of them being liquid.

Are you struggling cause you don't feel hungry? Even if you do t feel hungry you can still eat an ounce of cheese or 4 ounces of milk.

Want2beMe
on 10/11/20 6:57 pm
VSG on 08/17/20

Usually I'm not hungry especially in the evening. I struggle the most after supper. I'm busy during the week so I don't always have dairy plans. The weekends I do good at getting in my dairy because I'm home. I like drinking a cup of fairlife, 3 bites of cottage cheese, string cheese, or 1/2 serving of yogurt. Since I can't drink with my meals I drink water throughout the day, which fills me up.

White Dove
on 10/12/20 4:58 am - Warren, OH

I do five meals a day, but they are all what I would have considered snacks before surgery. I try to stick to 200 calories for breakfast, 400 calories for lunch and supper, and two 200 calorie snacks. That adds up to 1400 per day.

I quit shakes when I was in my third year and never went back to them. I stick with dense protein, veggies, and a small amount of fruit. Blueberries with breakfast or an apple once or twice a week.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Most Active