Are you treating yourself to a special gift this holiday season?

TJFox
on 12/8/20 8:29 pm

Are you treating yourself to a special gift this holiday season? I decided that I am going to buy myself one gift this Christmas. Something from a long list of things I have been wanting but find an excuse as to why it's too expensive while all along wasting money on other things that I could get by without.

I have been wanting an electric wall fireplace with a remote control to put in my bedroom where I can lay in bed after a long hot bath, light candles, turn on the wall fireplace and watch a good movie or read a good book. I have been wanting a wall fireplace for a long time. So this is the year and I am so excited! Now to pick the best brand and one that flickers good, maybe even makes sounds etc.

Are you buying something special for yourself this Christmas season?

White Dove
on 12/9/20 8:52 am - Warren, OH

My friend's kids bought her a wall fireplace for Christmas a few years ago and she said it is the best gift she ever received. I don't plan to buy myself anything this Christmas, but there are some years when I do get something that I really wanted and did not want to spend the money on.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

TJFox
on 12/11/20 7:26 am

Can't wait to get mine! Just have to figure out where to put it now. A wall fireplace is a big expensive for me but I have wanted one for years. I hope you do get yourself at least a little something.

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/9/20 2:55 pm, edited 12/9/20 8:06 pm - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Since my DH became ill with Alzheimer's I have bought myself one special gift from him each Christmas - something I wouldn't have otherwise purchased. He passed away a year ago, but I decided to go ahead with the tradition. This year I bought myself a Roomba. I have wanted one for a while and they were a good price this year.

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

White Dove
on 12/9/20 6:29 pm - Warren, OH

I bought an Eufy this summer. I love it. It runs at 2:00 AM and I get up to a freshly vacuumed house every morning. I bought a Roomba mop and like how that works too. What amazes me is the amount of cat hair that is in the collection chamber each morning.

When you get your Roomba and register it, you give it a name. Lots of people name it Hazel, but it is fun to hear everyone's names for their robot vac. Mine is named Goofy. Have you named yours?

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/10/20 4:07 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

I will have to think about a good name!

Liz 5'3" HW: 219 SW: 185 GW: 125 LW: 113 Desired maintenance range: 120-123 CW: 120 (after losing 20 lb. regain)!

TJFox
on 12/11/20 6:38 am

I am sorry about your husband having Alzheimer's and passing away. That must have been so hard on you. It is such a hard disease to deal with and I unfortunately speak from experience. I love your tradition! Enjoy that Roomba!

Liz WantsHealthForAll
on 12/11/20 7:10 am - Cape Cod, MA
VSG on 03/28/16

Thank you - it was tough on everyone so it is really a good thing that DH is finally at peace. Just sad that he was so young and lost what should have been some of his best years after retirement (he was 67 when he passed away).

TJFox
on 12/11/20 7:30 am

It sure is a very hard thing to go through...watching the decline, their fears and hallucinations. Just awful. Your husband was young to have had Alzheimers. I am glad that he is at peace now.

Melody P.
on 12/9/20 4:27 pm - Amarillo, TX

Depending on what my brother gets me we are going to get a security camera to put in the house to pick up on what it is our animals do when we are not here or asleep. We asked him for that but we'll see.

I also was able to get a chrome book for around the house, well we went in half half.

Most Active