COVID Anxieties and Frustrations

Dee_Caprini
on 12/11/20 1:34 pm

I guess I don't really know how I feel other than frustrations and anxiety with everything going on regarding COVID. I have had 2 people in my immediate family (one in the US and once overseas) and several dozens of other friends and acquaintances who have contracted COVID and I know it's real. I just don't understand how someone can state it's a US Conspiracy if it is WORLDWIDE? I don't get some people's thinking and I know the same can be made to my statements. I will absolutely be getting the vaccine once it's available and understand how science works. Wombat posted some great links in another post/thread about everything that were really helpful. I just don't get how people are up in arms about "freedoms" being taken away when people didn't do one simple task with putting a darn mask on to protect one another.

I'm just tired and I am not a front line worker... so if you are, THANK YOU for what you do to keep people safe and for helping those in need.

There is so much frustration when 6 of the top 10 deadliest days in the US are all in December 2020. I pray for anyone with COVID for a recovery and pray we are able to turn the tables in 2021.

Sorry if I upset anyone, that's not my intention. Just trying to vent and everyone here seems to help with keeping a level head and have an adult conversation

Melody P.
on 12/11/20 2:54 pm - Amarillo, TX

I hate to say this because I don't want to hurt others either BUT...it's rampant selfishness. People only care about themselves.

it's so frustrating!

Dee_Caprini
on 12/15/20 10:20 am

Yes, Very Frustrating. It is selfishness. I get so jealous and equally upset when I see photos of people online in large groups of friends/kids etc an not one person is wearing a mask... or even going to dance class or the gym with no mask and taking group selfies. I want that, but I am not willing to sacrifice my loved ones so I just don't get why they are?!

Melody P.
on 12/15/20 10:39 am - Amarillo, TX

It's like the reply to the COVID vaccine post last night. I just blocked them. Sometimes the stupid is way to deep to deal. BUT these people are endangering everyone. I'm just so tired of the selfishness. I would love to hug someone but I want to have them around for a long time.

I believe we just need to look for the good. Not disregard these selfish acts but try and see the good and the good people that are still out there. We have to be the change e want to see in the world...otherwise we'd always be or find disappointment.

White Dove
on 12/11/20 4:11 pm - Warren, OH

There are a lot of people around here that will not wear a mask or will not wear it properly. We have a big Amish population who put a mask on to get into Walmart, then pull it down around their chin.

Then a lot of the ones who carry guns and go to NRA meetings and talking about their freedom being taken away. I stay as far away as possible from people. The majority are taking it seriously. They are wearing a mask, and social distancing.

I am so looking forward to the vaccine.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Dee_Caprini
on 12/15/20 10:21 am

Yeah, I see that too and it's unbelievable. I would stay far away from those people as possible too!

catwoman7
on 12/12/20 8:20 am
RNY on 06/03/15

I think you'll find many people who agree with you on here. It's tragic that a pandemic and something as simple as wearing a mask to protect yourself and others has become politicized. But here we are...

my county is overall pretty good about this - most people here do wear masks - esp in indoor places. But I don't have to go too far out of my county to see the opposite. And of course, the virus is out of control in many of these places. Not sure how this hasn't gotten through to these people, but many are still hanging on to their conspiracies. Unfortunately I'm afraid we'll be dealing with this for a long time if people can't connect the dots. Meanwhile, I just don't venture far from home these days. We both have elderly mothers with health issues, and I don't want to pass on something that would likely make them very sick - or kill them.

Tidgel
on 12/14/20 6:19 am
RNY on 04/15/19

I understand your anxiety and frustrations when it comes to this virus. I think many of us are simply tired and just want life to go back to normal. I am sorry to hear about your family members and friends having the virus. I hope they are recovering well.

Dee_Caprini
on 12/15/20 10:25 am

Thank you. Yeah, I'm just tired of fighting with people, selfish people. I think I've said this before, I just want to hug my parents!

SuMari
on 12/17/20 11:01 am

I feel the same way you do and it's hard to process. I am praying that they do not reschedule my surgery on Monday. I am taking the COVID test tomorrow and have to isolate over the weekend. I will be so pissed if it's rescheduled!

Most Active