Alcohol after surgery

sweetpotato1959
on 7/6/21 7:00 pm

LeonaCR, Knowing how to reduce the alcohol content of Medications is information that is important to know and use if you do not tolerate or need the disruption in your life. the alchol tinctures we make for various health issues last a long time prepared like we do... many can be made with glycerine but they do not keep as long...1 year as opposed to 10 years...since we use them on an irregular basis..allowing the alcohol in a dose to evaporate off.. is one way to reduce the side effects of it.

LeonaCR
on 7/12/21 12:46 pm

I am learning a lot on this topic, thank you!

Janet P.
on 7/6/21 4:03 am

I was never a big drinker pre-DS. My surgeon recommended at least a year and I probably waiting a little longer than that. I do drink wine but a glass is all I can generally handle. Two and I'm done for the night. Same with ****tails.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

LeonaCR
on 7/6/21 8:05 am

Thanks Janet for sharing your personal experience. All of these posts have convinced me to forgo any glass of wine!

Lucile777
on 7/8/21 7:44 pm

Before surgery I needed 4 drinks to get a buzz. After surgery 1 martini effs me up. Start slurring my speech... so embarrassing. I once passed out at a FAMILY (with kids) barbecue and embarrassed the eff out of my husband. I never drank 4 glasses of wine again (yes 4 glasses of white wine made me pass out). Not black out like I don't remember anything but I had to lie down on the sofa. So so embarrassing. I never, ever chanced that much alcohol again. I was about a year out when I drank it. I have regained 40 lbs.

RNY Oct. 27/17. HW 289; SW 285; GW 144; LW: 161 CW: 196 FML: Fighting regain :(

LeonaCR
on 7/12/21 12:52 pm

Thank you for responding. I would probably be in the same boat and am not going to take the chance. I think regain is an issue that hit many two-fold during the pandemic. Before my surgery, I was binge eating like crazy.

(deactivated member)
on 8/9/21 12:38 am, edited 8/8/21 5:40 pm
RNY on 01/01/14

Oy,I get 2 b the divergent opinion again grrr !

One of my favorite songs as a kindergartener was the Beastie Boys ? - I gotta FIGHT 4 my RIGHT 2 PAARHTY .... how in the world can you not love that song or it?s attitude?

Our world ... and our kids world and their kids? world is AWASH in drugs both legal and illegal ... and of course alcohol- our society?s favorite poison ( or life extender and savior depending on your perspective) has been used daily or more by most of our ancestors for thousands of years .

We can stick our heads in the sand like ostriches and ignore the obvious.... or we can grow up wrestle with the beast and eventually win.

I know plenty of people including myself who have enough munny to party every day for the rest of their lives on high quality great stuff ... yet most eventually get and stay straight ... mainly cuz we enjoy our minds the way they are ( and are extremely competitive with our cohorts ) .

I prefer making a million to getting high - that?s a high in itself . ((())) hugs

that said I " confess " to relaxing w a big glass of red wine just about every nite and patting myself on the back if I don't put a shot of 99 bananas in my morning coffee . So shoot me - I enjoy every single day of my life .... I haven't come this far to be miserable now .

Most Active