Day 1 A December to Remember Giveaway (Winner Announced)

Member Services
on 12/11/21 3:21 pm, edited 12/14/21 8:59 am - Irvine, CA

A December to Remember Giveaway

***Congratulations, Brenda92082! You are our first winner for the A December to Remember Giveaway. Please check your email for details. You have 48 hours to claim your prize**

For this exciting December To Remember Giveaway, there will be one winner per day. The Giveaway begins on Monday, December 13, 2021, through December 31, 2021. Winners will be selected at random.

This giveaway is open to legal residents of the United States and must be a minimum of 18 years of age to participate. Participants must be registered members of ObesityHelp.

Question:
Share your reason(s) for having surgery and what was/is an NSV you were/are looking forward to the most?

Giveaway Prize: Bariatric Advantage: 3 bottles Chewable EA Multi, 1 bottle Passion Fruit Iron, 3 bags Assorted flavor Calcium Chewy Bites, 1 bottle of Probiotic Capsules. Retail value $253

Terms and Conditions

boxerheather
on 12/13/21 1:42 pm

I thought about and researched having WLS for two years. Aside from having comorbidities, the final straw was when one of my dogs got out and I couldn't run after it. I don't have any children but I have several nieces and nephews. What if I needed to run after one of them while I was babysitting?

I used to travel quite frequently to US Navy aircraft carriers to test their software. The NSV when I reached my goal weight was that I could maneuver up and down the ladders without huffing and puffing, having to take breaks between ladders. That was awesome! Of course a close second was being able to sit in Coach on an airline without having to stretch the seatbelt all the way out. Bonus!!!

stephmcgee
on 12/13/21 3:11 pm - Eugene, OR
VSG on 12/19/16

I had surgery to have a tool that would help me then and in the future and hopefully transform the direction i was headed health wise ... no more extenders on planes.

xtablue
on 12/13/21 3:14 pm - Orlando, FL

I had my initial surgery because I literally thought I was going to die soon from my blood pressure issues. I'm getting scheduled for a conversion because I am worried about losing mobility. I think the biggest NSV will be walking without pain again.

Height 5'4" HW 372 Consult W 351 SW 291 RNY 7/11/14

"We must be willing to let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the life that is waiting for us."

Alexpope
on 12/13/21 4:48 pm
RNY on 10/21/20

I actually sought to have surgery about 2 yrs ago but failed to follow through because I was really worried about support. I finally found a surgeon that I felt had a good program and would give me all the tools I needed to lose this weight. I needed to have surgery so that I could be more active in my kids lives like playing with them and being an active parent at their school functions. My first non scale victory ( I had to look that one up) was being able to go to my daughters soccer game and cheering her on from the sidelines. I usually sat in my chair and yelled but I wanted to be that parent who got up and cheered for her as she made goals. I am happy to say that I have achieved that goal and many more and I am very thankful for the opportunity to have had this surgery.

Brenda92082
on 12/13/21 9:29 pm
VSG on 11/18/16

All I ever wanted acceptance and to feel like my mom was proud of me, so I thought if I had surgery got skinny I would be able to be viewed as accepted by my mother. Little did I know that the result of choosing surgery was going to be such a troubled yet WORTHY journey.

Some of my happiest Non-scale Victories include fitting into a seat, no overhang of the sides, no belly touching steering wheel, or table when at fixed booth, crossing legs for the first time ever at age 35!!! And my other is simply walking alongside someone and not having to stop to catch breath like I can walk and talk at the same time!!! Lol

Jwalden
on 12/14/21 1:48 am

My reasons for having surgery was to make a healthier life for me and my family. My boys have grown and I embrace all that I have accomplished by making precious memories with them. Without surgery I may still be obese or even not here. AS of now I battle regain but still moving forward to a happy healthier me.

Most Active