Day 2 A December to Remember Giveaway - WINNER ANNOUNCED

KimmyJJ
on 12/14/21 10:32 am

Best advice I have been given is to be fully prepared, do all my research and to lean on people such as those on this website for support.

Hi again everyone, this past year got me down a bit, but I'm back and ready to rock it!

KimmyJJ

lmfontana4
on 12/14/21 10:54 am
RNY on 03/24/21

Your journey is your journey, dont compare yourself to others.

HW 296 SW 267.8 GW 130 LW 128.2 CW 131.6

Age 55 5 ft 4 inches

Roux-en-Y 3/24/21

Internal Hernia 1/14/22

Gallbladder 3/22

Volvulus 10/7/23-Reversal of RNY 11/19/23

The last of the human freedoms, to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances. (Frankl, 1946)

Kathleen W.
on 12/14/21 11:30 am - Lancaster, PA

It's a tool, not a quick fix. Learn to eat to properly and start working on physical activity.

SW 327
GW 150
CW 126

speechless1
on 12/14/21 12:41 pm
RNY on 08/06/21

Decide to do this for yourself. Until then, you're likely not ready to change.

(deactivated member)
on 12/14/21 2:28 pm
RNY on 09/01/12

My excellent and very caring young surgeon, Dr, Patikh advised

1) Stay connected with your bariatric surgeons team over the years and always get your labs done and thoroughly analyzed every six months to catch and remedy any deficiencies as early as possible.

2) Develop and regularly attend a post- op support group with fellow bariatric patients to see what works well and to receive emotional support for what may be huge life changes.

3) Commit to daily gentle exercise and the menu and portion size changes suggested by your nutritionist.

4) Get therapy for the underlying causes for your overeating... and come back for recommendations for body contouring surgery after you've successfully maintained goal weight for a year or more .

Rjwaghart
on 12/14/21 6:43 pm
RNY on 05/26/21

Best advice I've received to date: my mistakes don't define me, they refine. With every choice I make, if I remember this principle, I can give myself grace when I make a choice that I'm not very happy with and I can learn from it and I do better next time I'm faced with that choice again.

Brenda92082
on 12/14/21 7:49 pm
VSG on 11/18/16

Best advice, and most common told."it's a journey" .... I like to share my core value and shared message as learned form an alternate addiction group."IT WORKS IF YOU WORK IT" meaning of you work the plan set by bariatric team (surgeon support members and of course self) it will work. All things along this bariatric journey take time,effort(work), dedication etc. The goals whether physical mental esthetically placed or whatever are obtainable goals
It again goes full circle to, "it works of you work it"

Another factor is the ability of awareness you will relearn you body all over and become very aware you need to be aware listen to the signals and respect/honor your body.

Most Active