Alklaine Water Machine Worth It?

Smiley.J
on 6/19/23 4:51 am

I've been drinking quite a bit of alkaline water since the turn of the year. It seems to help with acidic reflux. Since I made big changes to my diet it seems to have set something off in my stomach. And I get a lot of acid reflux, i think the medical term is GORD. Rather than go on a prescription medicine i teied drinking alkaline water. It seems to help, a little. But the bottles are pricey. And i get through 2 or 3 of them each day. Would it be a good idea to use a machine instead? An alkaline water machine? Then i can just use the tap water in the house and stop buying the expensive bottles. But the machines are pricey. Do they even work?

Smiley.J
on 6/21/23 10:11 am

It looks like you need to drink a hell of a lot of alkaline water, for it to be worth it. The machines cost anywhere up to $3,000 a piece. I don't have that kind of money laying around. And, someone has calculated you need to drink over 200 gallons of water to even start getting your money back! That's a serious amount of alkaline water. This article works out how much they cost and is they're worth it - alkaline water machines. Looks like I'll just be sticking to buying bottles of alkaline water for now. If anyone has bought one, please let me know what you think of it. I'd be interested in hearing if they are good or bad.

Grim_Traveller
on 6/29/23 3:34 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Alkaline water is jus****er with calcium, potassium, magnesium, bicarbonate, or some combination of those things to raise the ph. You could just take a tums, or drop in some Alka seltzer in your water, and save a ton of money. There's nothing magical about the off the shelf alkaline water.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Anord1965
on 7/11/23 12:18 pm

Alkaline water is essentially water with added minerals to raise its pH level. You can achieve a similar effect by using readily available products like antacids such as Tums or Alka-Seltzer, which can help neutralize stomach acid. These options can be more affordable and offer comparable relief.

Most Active