100less’s Posts

100less
on 11/27/03 8:58 am
Topic: RE: Intro and Surgery date question
I never did introduce myself. I'm Robin. 48 5'2" 249lb 46. Dh and I are an older couple with two toddlers at home (other children grown). I want to have WLS to be sure I'm here for my children and grandchildren. I did not have trouble with my weight until I was 31. Before that I was about 110 to 120 size 3 to 5 my whole life and one of these people that could eat anything. A pregnancy took me to 150. That started me on the weightless yo-yo. I began Oprah's liquid diet. Lost and gained then tried another, and another, and another,--lost and gained it back over and over --until I hit 200! For some strange reason I did not gain during the recent two pregnancies? Go figure. I stopped dieting and maintained at 200 for a few years. But after my son turned one I tried dieting again. Personal trainer, Jenny Craig, etc. Now I gained another 47 lbs!!! I know dieting made me fat. Now I'm glad I'm where I am because I qualify for the WLS. I'd like to get an idea of when my surgery will be --so I can fantasize my small self in the proper seasonal weather Should I fantasize a bathing suit or turtleneck and jeans? I hate being big the last 50 lbs have made me stay at home. Size 3X are tight. I just order 4X hoping to hide my drooping belly. The thing I hate the worst is feeling bad all the time. I have arthritis and my feet hurt constantly. the very worse thing is being HOT ALL THE TIME!!!! My dh says I'm freezing them all to death. I just hate being hot. about how long does it take between the first surgery visit and surgery? I know it will vary for each surgeon but how long for all the tests, results, etc. Before you get a surgery date? I guess you can tell I'm anxious. My first surgeon appt is Dec 30. I tired very hard to get in earlier but my insurance did not give me much choice in surgeons. Thanks. Happy Thanksgiving!
100less
on 11/26/03 9:16 pm
Topic: RE: Will an ulcer stop me from qualifying?
I went to my primary care physician to get a referal to Dr. Chabli (VA). She gave me one. I complained of acid reflux so bad I was vomiting so they ran bood test and found H.Plori, symptons of an ulcer. Now I'm on a drug therapy 4x day. Will the surgeon do a bypass on someone with ulcers? I've read five books on WLS and I have my surgeon apt Dec. 30. I love this board. Hope to get to know everyone here! Thanks, Robin
Most Active