Very first Dr. Appt. - Thursday

Long2bLittle
on 1/30/12 10:08 am - Wayland, MI
DS on 04/17/12
OK - My very first appointment since attending the free seminar is this Thursday.  I am seeing the Bariatrician.  My understanding is she will be deciding if I am a candidate for the surgery and their program.

Did anyone else have an appointment similar to this?  What kind of things do they do? What type of tests are there?

The good news is if I am a candidate I will have my appointment with my surgeon on the following Monday!!

Eeyore8
on 1/30/12 11:02 am - St Louis, MO
 I hope it goes good....I can't help with what to expect at this appointment I am waiting for my first appt as well.....Good Luck!

Suzy
Lucky2talk2
on 1/30/12 12:29 pm - Renton, WA
Welcome and how exciting! It will be easy. Try to have questions you really want to ask written down when you go in there. Do your research before hand if you have not already.

Best wishes in your search and your process!!

Hugs,
Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

acbbrown
on 1/30/12 12:53 pm - Granada Hills, CA
 Is it a one-on-one session?  I didnt have anything like that until after I finished a 3 month program and then met with the surgeon. 

I would imagine they might go over your physical condition, weight loss attempts in the past, maybe ordering lab work, EKGs, sleep studies, or psych evals. They'll probably let you know then if you need to do those things. Usually you need some kind of pre-op health clearance to make sure you are healthy enough for surgery. 

www.sexyskinnybitch.wordpress.com - my journey to sexy skinny bitch status

11/16/12 - Got my Body by Sauceda - arms, Bl/BA, LBL, thigh lift. 

HW 420/ SW 335 /CW 200    85 lbs lost pre-op / 135 post op

~~~~Alison~~~~~

InkdSpEdTchr
on 1/31/12 1:28 am
I assume that they will just take your vitals and have you answer some basic questions about your medical history/condition. They will then probably schedule all those tests that you need, but that may be after you meet the surgeon.

Ask lots of questions! GOOD LUCK!

:Danni

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

Phatchick
on 1/31/12 9:18 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12
Hi! I also just started the journey. I saw the surgeon last week who weighed me, examined me and talked about what kind of surgery I wanted. We agreed on the VSG. He then referred me to get Psych consult, Pulmonology Consult and Cardiology Consult. I have an appointment to come back for a group weigh in next Tuesday and a 1 hour group meeting. I have no idea what the meeting will cover.

Yesterday I had my Psych Consult. It was basically a lot of questions about my family's support and how hard it's been to lose weight and how morbid obesity has affected my quality of life.

Then I went to see the Pulmonologist to have a breathing test prior to the consult in 2 weeks. It was not terrible. The respiratory therapist had WLS surgery 10 years ago and she made me feel so comfortable as I sat my big behind in the tiny glass box.

My BMI is 55 and I cannot wait to shed this armour of fat.

Good Luck in your journey.

Blessings,

Sharon

Most Active