Sad times

ChristiS1985
on 4/10/12 11:40 pm - TN
Im a week and two days out and I cant tell if I really feel bad or if im just depressed. I dont really miss food because I can honestly say I havent been hungry since the surgery. I have thrush in my mouth and this just in im pretty sure the wound where my tube is infected as well as one of my incisions. I know my past couple of posts I have been a whiny baby. I just feel like im never gonna be normal again. im really dissapointed in myself because I didnt know all this was going to be so hard. I have my first follow up appointment on Tuesday and im really hoping that I get my stitches and drain out. I keep telling myself that I will feel better after that but I just dont know. I just wanna feel well again. Ugh. I need some encouraging words right now.
bdocker
on 4/11/12 3:14 am
You're suffering from buyer's remorse right now. Feel free to whine vent and complain all you want. The vets feel for you and we all wish you well.

Really hope you feel better soon and can start enjoying the wonderful parts of your wls.

Best of luck to you!
Brenda
WoolyBully
on 4/11/12 4:25 am - MI
Hang in  there Christi, it will get better.

Don't hesitate to post any negative feelings. We are all here to listen, sympathize, answer questions and offer comfort and encouragement.

Brenda said it best with the term "buyers remorse". I believe all of us have had it at one time or another. I have had it, but when I think about my decision in total, I am very happy I had the surgery.

It sounds like your journey is starting out a little rougher than most, but everything is treatable. What you are going through now will soon be just a distant, bad memory, and you will be celebrating all your victories, and be amazed at the way you are going to look and feel. 

Don't be disappointed in yourself. Instead, be proud of the strength and courage you are going to show during this rough patch. Celebrate your choice to take control of your health.

Stay strong

Gary

Lucky2talk2
on 4/11/12 6:44 am - Renton, WA
Yes, do hang in there! It will get better! So I have a question... Did you go to the doctor for the possible infection. Nothing to mess with... If you have not, I would consider calling and getting in as soon as possible to your surgeon or doctor. Not everything that is worth while doing is easy. Hang in there really!!

I know that you will do wonderful and the further out you go the more you will and should be loving your decision. You had major surgery and with that comes the things that are.... HEALING... AND IT TAKES TIME. Infections can happen... Opening of the incisions can happen. Wondering what the hell you have just done is all normal. I know that this has been a life saving wonderful thing that has happened in my life, but it has not been "EASY", but it has gotten easier and easier in life. Each step, each day... Step by step, day by day!!

Hugs,
Keep coming here as often as you need to... You are ok and we will not get tired of hearing from you.... This is a forum to come to and share what you are going through ...good, great, bad, ugly, beautiful, it is for all of it!!

Sherrie

MAKE IT A GREAT DAY!!         SHERRIE <3

Brenda C.
on 4/11/12 12:10 pm
Christi --

CALL YOUR DOC ASAP!  Getting over an infection/thrush/etc is just medication away.  If you are running a fever, CALL IMMEDIATELY.  Pain is not all you have to deal with, there is possible infection, depression (what did I DO to myself), fear, confusion, anger, and then back to the healing portion of the whole equation.  Emotionally, you have taken a body slam, so give yourself a little hug, and try not to worry too much.

Whine if you need to -- that is WHY WE are here, support!  Many of us have been where you are - just think YOU will be where we are in a matter of time!!!  Hang in, and try to stay positive.

Brenda : )~
KatCooper
on 4/11/12 12:10 pm - Collierville, TN
 Week 3 was my turning point to feeling like I had not ruined my life. :-)    I was  a puker...I mean I could hardly keep anything down. Vomiting just after abdominal surgery sucks.   But I survived and now my life is better than I could have ever imagined.  Its not easy, but infinately better.  We are here for you!!!

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

sarahmathis1681
on 4/11/12 3:11 pm
RNY on 02/13/12
 im 8 weeks out and have thrush as well and it sucks!!

http://www.weight-loss-center.net

InkdSpEdTchr
on 4/12/12 1:44 am
Hope you've talked to your doc, got some meds and are feeling better.

It will be easier, it will get better- hang in there!

:Danni  >>>AIDS/LifeCycle 10 & 11 Finisher: 545miles on the bike in 7 days <<<
HW390/SW340/CW 208/GW170

cindybogge
on 4/12/12 10:12 am
It will get better christi.  hang in there.  I remember sobbing to my sister in law that I had ruined my life as well as ruined my husband's life.  It will get easier for you as time goes on.  I would however get in contact with the doctor's office.  there is no need to suffer thrush and a possible infection.  take care and hang in there, better days are comin'.
Most Active