Introduction ... Surgery on the 28th!

firedancer722
on 1/11/13 11:41 am
DS on 01/28/13

Hi all,

Wow am I glad to find this forum!  I am so glad to have some people that know my struggles as a person with over 200 lbs to lose.  I am at the end of my rope physically right now and have never been more ready to do something about it.  I am scheduled for duodenal switch surgery on the 28th of this month!!   I am nervous but more excited than anything.  I just want to be able to actually LIVE instead of laying on the couch all the time and getting out of breath walking from my house to the car.  :(  Thank goodness for antidepressants, otherwise, I'd never leave the house.  

Anyway.... I guess I should introduce myself.  LOL  I'm Candace, I'm 33 and single with no kids, unless you count my two Maine Coons.  ;)  My starting weight as of this past Wednesday at my surgeon's office was 419 lbs.  :(   I want to lose 250 lbs.  It seems insane to even think about it but that's my ultimate goal.   I guess my first goal is to just get through the surgery alive and then move on from there.  

Thanks all for reading.... I look forward to getting to know all of you.  :) 

Candace

mickeymantle
on 1/11/13 2:14 pm - Eugene/Springfield, OR
VSG on 07/22/13

welcome to this forum ,by summer you will be half the person you are today

just stay on plan and take your vitamins and you will do fine

175 lb  lost,412 hw 336sw,241 cw surgery July 22 2013,surgeon Dr Colin MacColl,

firedancer722
on 1/11/13 10:48 pm
DS on 01/28/13
Oopsss got my goal date wrong..should be 2014 not 2015!!
KatCooper
on 1/11/13 11:15 pm - Collierville, TN

Welcome!! This is a great forum!! 

Kat

Lots of 5K's, 10K's., 4 1/2 Marathons, 3 Sprint Triathlon done. 2 Olympics and my  First IRONMAN 70.3 September 2013 and First Full Marathon Dec 2013  !!!!!

My blog- www.NPRunner.blogspot.com

Terrimarv
on 1/12/13 12:28 am - IL
VSG on 12/04/12
Welcome,Candace, and good for you for taking control of our life! I was also truly desperate when I finally reached out for help, and I already feel like it saved my life. It's not all easy, but SO worth it! Best of luck to you--keep us posted.
Terri

sleevegirl
on 1/12/13 1:52 am - Austin, TX

Welcome!

Candy from Austin, TX  |   Website  |  MyFitnessPal  |  My OH Blog

5'6" / HW 375 / SW 355 / CW 150 / Maintaining 155-159 - Goal Reached! 225 Pounds Lost

KimKinVA
on 1/12/13 6:39 am
RNY on 11/13/12 with

Welcome, Candace! Good for you on making a choice to LIVE! This is a great forum to be a part of... everyone is very encouraging and supportive. You'll fit right in!    hugs, Kim

cstarr
on 1/12/13 7:16 am
RNY on 11/15/12
Welcome Candace. This is the best place ever. Everyone here is super supportive and extremely helpful. We are the same age btw.

cstarr

talula216
on 1/12/13 9:27 am - RI
RNY on 01/16/12

Welcome Candance.   You are starting a wonderful journey.  I am almost a year out and have loved every minute of this past year.

Good luck

Talula
Starting weight 369

Phatchick
on 1/12/13 10:10 pm, edited 1/12/13 10:11 pm - Brookfield, IL
VSG on 04/16/12

HI Candace,

Welcome to this awesome forum.

I completely understand your desire to MOVE again. I was all about coming home from work, eating dinner and looking forward to laying in my bed and jus****ching TV. I was so out of shape and tired and achy from not doing any physical activity. i could not even food shop without feeling physically sick from walking 10 minutes. I could not go to the mall, it wore me out!  I stopped clothes shopping and just went to my fave online shop and ordered the biggest size they had in black anything. The surgery changed my life completely and I can now do anything I want, and do. 

We are keeping a place warm for you on the loser's bench.

I am so happy for you.

Sharon

Most Active