I fit into JEANS again!!!!!

Linda L.
on 5/21/15 11:37 am
RNY on 02/17/15

Yesterday I found a pair of jeans in my closet.  I decided to try them on convinced that they wouldn't fit but at least I'd have an idea as to where my body was size wise.  MUCH to my surprise they fit.  I was shocked. I mean they REALLY fit I didn't have to lay down to button and zip them they went right on.  SO I left the house with a bounce in my step and a smilt on my face!  On the walk into my office I felt something odd happening....my jeans were sliding off my waist and down to my hips.....I spent the day constantly pulling UP my pants because THEY WERE TOO BIG!  AND they weren't even the largest sized jeans that I own!  I am thrilled with my progress and I have been working hard and it is most definitely paying off!

selhard
on 5/21/15 11:39 am, edited 5/21/15 11:39 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

A jean salute to you.  When I traded in my elastic waist pants for blue jeans with a real zipper and started tucking in my shirts, I asked everyone here if I should buy a classic leather belt or a belt with a bling-studded buckle.  No surprise, the vote was bling.  I bought a sparkley belt, took it home, chickened-out, returned it to the store, then went back and re-bought it.  It took a while to get used to the belt, love wearing it to this day, and get compliments, too.  Now, go get yourself a cool belt for those jeans, too :)

Linda L.
on 5/21/15 6:43 pm
RNY on 02/17/15

Thank you for your response! I love your belt story and I am going to take your advice. Looks like I'll be belt shopping this weekend! 

Patty T.
on 5/22/15 12:44 pm - Boalsburg, PA

Belt? I haven't worn a belt since college! What a great story.

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/24/15 4:39 pm
RNY on 12/31/13

I am so happy for you!!!

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 5/25/15 8:22 am - OH

Congratulations! There are so many more of these wonderful moments yet to come as well...

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

karenp8
on 5/25/15 8:40 am - Brighton, IL

Congratulations! Your hard work is truly paying off.  Many more great things to come too!! Enjoy!

GeekMonster, Insolent Hag
on 5/26/15 12:56 pm - CA
VSG on 12/19/13

Wearing jeans (or pants) that actually zip up and have a fastener was a HUGE NSV for me.  The only pull up pants I wear anymore are yoga type pants for working out.

Congratulations!  

"Oderint Dum Metuant"    Discover the joys of the Five Day Meat Test!

Height:  5'-7"  HW: 449  SW: 392  GW: 179  CW: 220

eloquent_daydreamer
on 6/6/15 7:47 pm - Canada

I definitely can't wait to be in the position to wear jeans again!! :)

Referral- Oct 24th, 2014//Info Session HRRH- Dec 15th, 2014//Meet w/Surgeon (Dr. Hagen)- June 17th, 2015//Trio Appointment- July 21st, 2015

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." - Carl Bard

Somedude
on 6/14/15 3:51 am
VSG on 10/31/13

Congrats!

I haven't worn jeans, or any pants in a long time. Always in shorts, thankfully where I live most everyone else is always wearing shorts too! I just don't like the feel of pants and jeans on my legs. That was before I lost over 100 pounds though so it may be time to go shopping for a new pair to give it a try!

My shorts are definitely too big for me now and I always have to hike em up, and I've already punched like 5 holes into my belt and it looks like I'm heading for a sixth. I should just buy all new clothes but I am reluctant to do so because I am still losing weight and I don't want to buy a bunch now only to have to replace them all in six months!

Most Active