Any one been scoped?

tamsyc
on 6/2/12 7:04 am - Port Aransas, TX
My primary doc thinks I may have a stomach ulcer and is sending me for a scope.  Can anyone share their experience with me?

Thanks !

JazzyOne9254
on 6/2/12 7:21 am
I have.  I was about 6 weeks out, and having problems eating and drinking.

You won't know anything about it.  They use anesthesia similar to an IV you would get for anesthesia at a dentist's office. 

Perfectly painless.  My eating/drinking issue was resolved by the scope, and I think my surgeon must have done a little stretching in there.  I've been eating and drinking like a champ ever since!

Make sure you have someone with you to drive you home.  Most places won't release you to a cab ride.

HW 405/SW 397/CW 138/GW 160  Do the research!  Check the stats!
The DS is *THE* solution to Severe Morbid Obesity!

tamsyc
on 6/2/12 11:36 am - Port Aransas, TX
Thank you so much for the reply, You have eased my mind :)
walter A.
on 6/3/12 9:10 am - lafayette, NJ
get it done every year.  to check my barrettes esophagas,  a pleasant day not working.
Lori F.
on 6/3/12 11:44 am - Chula Vista, CA
 Yep- easy peasy! Lie on your side, get an IV, get some night- night meds, wake up and go home and relax. Don't worry about a thing! If you are a puker from meds, tell the nurse before and s/he can use a non- nauseating medication instead. Don't worry!
Pre-band highest weight: 244
Pre-band surgery weight: 233
Lowest: 199 ( for, like, a day)
CW:
260 (yes, with the band!) 
Current Fill: 5cc in 10cc band
BMI: 49
tamsyc
on 6/3/12 12:25 pm - Port Aransas, TX

Sounds like a nap in the park :)  Wonder if the meds will drowned out my children's voices yelling Mom !!!!

Huneypie
on 6/3/12 6:54 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
Yes, pre-sleeve.  I didn't have any sedation so was retching a lot (I've not puked post sleeve, so would probably take the sedation if I had it again).  They put some air in my stomach so I spent some time after burping and passing gas (that was the worst of it really).

I drove myself home as I'd not been sedated less than an hour after.  No biggie.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

southernlady5464
on 6/4/12 1:05 am
Yeap, several times...worst thing that had happened to me after was a slightly scratchy throat but other than that, no problems.

Liz

Duodenal Switch (Lap) 01-24-11 | Surgeon: Stephen Boyce | High weight: 250 in 2002 | Surgery weight: 203 | Lowest weight: 121 | Current weight: 135 | Goal weight: 135

merrymorris
on 6/4/12 2:43 am - philadelphia, PA
DS on 04/26/12
I had one preop. It was one of the easiest parts. I just had a little numbness in my lip for a few days after.
BarbaraKay
on 6/4/12 11:08 pm
Sounds like you have a wise primary doctor. The scope is nothing to be worried about. Just relax and do as they tell you. I have had several scopes since surgery. I was one of those person with an ulcer issue.(which was resolved) Just follow your surgeons directions. Remember these proceders must be something a patient can handle. If they were not somewhat comforable no one would ever go throught such tests. The most fearful part is looking at the room and instruments.  THE PROCEDURE was fine. You remember nothing and there is no pain. You will do fine.
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 767 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1056 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views