DS surgeons in Mexico???

fatmackn
on 7/24/12 3:19 am - Adelaide, Australia
Hello there just a little confused on the subject of qualified DS Surgons in Mexico? Ive heard people saying on here that only Dr Gilberto Ungson is the only qualified and experienced doctor to perform this surgery.

However ive also been told that the following 2 surgons also do this surgery in Mexico:
D.r Almanza
D.r Garcia
D.r Alejandro Lopez

Howver i was told by the tourism website that as of last week D.r Almanza no longer performs the Ds, when asked why not they said he didnt give them an awnser.  These doctors are offering between the 8- 10 000us range and so is cheaper then D.r ungson who everyone recomends however i wont get it done by a cheaper surgeon if the outcome will be bad. Please help. thanks.

Clint.

ididabadbadthing
on 7/24/12 4:41 am - TN
 I heard he was good too, but good luck finding contact information. I tried all the numbers on DS-Facts, googled and can't find any number to his office.

If you find some let me know :-)
Emily F.
on 7/24/12 5:16 am
Almanza has had a bad track record w ds, Not even sure people get the ds.

The other two I haven't heard about. Ungson was 13,000 2 years ago and WELL worth it. You can read my blog for more info.

Remember, you get what you pay for!!! Do not risk your body and life to save a few bucks. Ack.
its-killen-me
on 7/24/12 8:59 am - Selkirk, Canada
DS on 06/14/12
 My surgeon was Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon in Tijauana.  I had my surgery on June 14th, 2012 and at last weigh in I was down 34 Lbs. I feel fine, and can eat most anything now. Some dryer foods sit heavy in the belly, so I avoid them or add sauce or gravy.  I believe this is normal for DS and sleeve people.  I have contact info if you like, just send me a pm.  I had better care there then I could of had in Canada. Dr. Ponce uses Titanium staples and gives you a dvd of your surgery which is Laproscopic and also one of the Leak test.  
Dr. Jamie Ponce de Leon - Medical guide Laurie Wolf Received money Never showed up - Only thing booked were flights.  Surgeon and Medical team, and hospital were awesome .  There is another Medical guide named Trish she is good.  PM me for info.    
jennyrenny
on 7/24/12 11:39 am - Canada
DS on 08/11/12
 I'm having a DS with Drs. Aceves and Ungson in Mexicali on August 11. Dr. Aveves has a lot of experience and a great reputation for the sleeve, which I was originally going to get. When I switched to the DS I found out Aceves does them. I was not willing to have just anyone do it and wanted a surgeon from the vetted list so I was going to switch to Ungson, then I found out they do them together. I booked through Aceves. $13,000 includes one night at hotel preop and five at hospital postop. I liked the extra time in hospital since my hubby can only stay the first 3 days. The only challenge was getting a date since both surgeons had to coordinate their schedules.
He who can't be Named
on 7/24/12 12:08 pm
Almanza - NO!!!!
Aceves is an up and comer with the DS, so will likely be a great choice in the future.
Ungson is the ONLY current REAL option for DS in Mexico so far. 
Some times dingle berries are the lowest hanging fruit.  
larra
on 7/25/12 12:15 am - bay area, CA
We keep telling (i.e. warning) people...Dr. Ungson or Dr. Aceves, since he does them with Dr. Ungson, are good choice. The others are BAD choices for the DS. This is esp true for someone from so far away who will have great difficulty finding knowledgable follow-up back home if you have a complication.
     We have seen what happens when people go to inexperienced surgeons, at least inexperienced with the DS. We have heard about the shoddy, in some cases unclean facilities for hospitals and recovery places. Once you are there, you have little or no recourse.

Larra
fatmackn
on 7/25/12 4:19 am - Adelaide, Australia
Yah exactly Larra its noot exactly as if i can just fly back to Australia and find a surgeon asap if an emergency occurs with a complications. Thats the scariest thing about going to another country with this op. I guess if i play my cards right and choose only an expeienced surgeon atleast i have better chances of a succesful surgery.
Starfighter
on 7/26/12 9:45 am - Surprise, AZ
I used Dr.Alejandro Lopez for my ds on may 14th a couple of months ago in TJ. and I am very happy with him. I paid $7.000 I would highly recomend him to anyone that I know.
Huneypie
on 7/26/12 6:59 pm, edited 7/26/12 7:01 pm - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
The OP is asking about DS surgeons and your profile says you have the sleeve.  Dr Juan Antonio Lopez Corvala is a fine sleeve surgeon, I've never heard of Dr Alejandro Lopez.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 343 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 803 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views