I am investigating having a DS in Mexico

teyabs
on 9/19/12 2:32 am
DS on 12/22/12

A Dr. that seems to have gotten many rave reviews for other bariatric procedures and I was wondering if anyone has had a DS with him.  Is his surgery Laproscopic?  I saw a post with Lurker and it seems they opted for someone else after posts made on this same Dr. 

Jose Antonio Castanda Cruz

I know of DR. GILBERTO UNGSON BELTRAN.  It looks like his surgery is an open one rather than laproscopic. 

Any information about this will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Huneypie
on 9/19/12 8:41 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12
He's the ONLY DS surgeon on Mexico. I've read that he will do it lap, but it costs an extra $2k as they don't re-use the surgical instruments.

He's been proctoring Dr Aceves in Mexicali so that's another route you can investigate, so long as Dr Ungson will also be there.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

MsBatt
on 9/19/12 8:49 am
NO!!!

There are only TWO vetted DS surgeons in Mexico, and Cruz isn't either of them. (*grin*) Mexico is a great option, as long as you're using either Ungson or Aceves. NO ONE ELSE.
larra
on 9/19/12 9:03 am - bay area, CA
You have to be very, very careful with this. The only DS surgeons in Mexico that anyone here would recommend to you are Dr. Ungson and Dr. Aceves. That's it. We have seen horror stories regarding others. 
    There are other surgeons in Mexico who are fine for other operations, but for the DS, no.

Larra
Valerie G.
on 9/19/12 9:47 am - Northwest Mountains, GA
 Ungson or Aceves - accept no substitutes. 
I've seen some real horror stories out here from people who have tried the discounted route with some Tijuana hacks.  Don't fall for it.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

teyabs
on 9/20/12 1:23 am
DS on 12/22/12
Thank you all for your posts!
Teya~    
Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 862 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1110 views