8 Month Post Op update (pics) and Encouragement

ajrober2
on 7/2/13 2:25 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

I just want to encourage everybody!  Especially those at the beginning of your journey.  I remember having a hard time going through the approval process for surgery.  It got so frustrating that I seriously considered just giving up on the whole thing.  I'm so glad that I stayed the course! 

Whatever you do, DO NOT GIVE UP!  You deserve a healthy life, do this for yourself!  WLS has been by far one of the best things I have done for myself and I'm so grateful to God for seeing me through.  I still have a ways to go, but so far so good!

I had the duodenal switch procedure on November 1, 2012 with Dr. Felix Spiegel in Houston TX.  So far I have lost 164 lbs (429 lbs the day of surgery, 265 lbs now).  I can now fit in a restaurant booth comfortably, I no longer need a seat belt extender (or two seats) on a plane, I have been officially taken off of blood pressure meds, I look and feel so much better than before, and no more sleep apnea. The list goes on.... 

Wherever you are in your journey just stay the course.  Persistence pays-off!

Huneypie
on 7/2/13 2:57 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Holy moly - way to go!! :-D

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

ajrober2
on 7/2/13 3:53 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

Thank you!

mollymcb
on 7/2/13 4:04 am - TX
Wow you look amazing!! I cant wait to get my surgery completed and start this journey!
ajrober2
on 7/2/13 4:08 am - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

Thank you!!!  I know what you mean! kiss  Best wishes on your journey and keep us updated! 

~~Sami~~ *.
on 7/2/13 5:33 am - Jacksonville, FL

You look fabulous.  What an amazing accomplishment.  You totally are rockin' your DS.

What things do you wish you had done differently (if any)?

Any difficulties?

Lap-Band June 14, 2001. Dr. Rumbaut, Monterrey, Mexico.
Lap-Band removed after 7 years and converted to Sleeve Gastrectomy on July 7, 2008 by Dr. Roslin.  I've had three happy healthy Lap-Band babies.... and one VSG baby.  5 years out from revision to VSG.  Gained 55 pounds in past 5 months, now considering DS. :(

ajrober2
on 7/2/13 12:32 pm - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

Thank you!!!

I haven't had any difficulties.  My only problem is getting myself to exercise.  LOL! 

mdehart_ames
on 7/2/13 5:48 am - WA
DS on 06/11/13

Thank you for posting this ecouraging story/photos. Being just three weeks post op i'm feeling discouraged from all the pain etc. Hopefully I can start thinking more positively now! 

ajrober2
on 7/2/13 12:35 pm - Houston, TX
DS on 11/01/12

You are very welcome! 

I remember feeling the same way when i was early out.  I kept thinking to myself "what the hell did I just do to my body???".  LOL!!!!! But things got better as time went on and now I'm so glad I made the tough decision to have this life changing surgery.  I wish you all the best and I hope the pain goes away very soon! 

ladybug513
on 7/2/13 5:48 am - NY

Soooo inspiring!  All I can say is "WOW"!

First goal 120.0: 12/7/13  Final goal 115.0 (114.6):  2/6/14  

5'3  SW: 199 (12/11/11)  Current: 114.8 pounds  18% body fat   BMI: 20.3           

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 352 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 806 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 270 views