Vitalady Vitamin Question

Corbin Y.
on 7/30/13 11:50 pm - New York, NY
DS on 03/26/13

So, I have been taking the VitaLady vitamin regimen for the past three months.  I have only missed one dose in the three months, but I struggle sometimes to get the vitamins in at the suggested times.  Getting the iron in during the morning I find difficult, because breakfast and my mid morning snacks usually have calcium, which I know does not mix well with iron.  So I usually have to wait until noon or later to have the iron, and spend the rest of the day catching up to get all the vitamins in, and often am taking the last two sets of vitamins after midnight and in the wee hours of the morning.

Is it ok to mix up the times for the four vitamin packs during the day?  Since dinner often is steak, I would think there would be no problem having the iron pills before/ after dinner.  Is there any reason I should not mess with the order of the VitaLady vitamins?  Other than avoiding calcium near the iron pills, are there any other pills that should not be mixed with certain foods, or a reason a certain vitamin should be taken at a specific time of day?

Amy, Daredevil
Extraordinaire

on 7/31/13 12:14 am - Los Angeles, CA
DS on 08/06/13

I take my iron pill at bedtime. That way, it's at least four hours after my last calcium dose. I don't think time of day matters.  

*DS with Dr. Ara Keshishian on 08/06/13* SW: 231 CW: 131 GW: 119 * Check out My YouTube Channel: AmysDSJourney *

MajorMom
on 7/31/13 2:08 am - VA

Make the schedule work for you. I take my iron mid afternoon away from everything else. Keep the batches separate as shown.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

LadyLucky
on 8/1/13 1:52 pm, edited 8/1/13 8:50 pm - KS
Gina - Do you take ALL your iron at the same time? I am taking 2 of the 60mg pills at 6 p.m. and 2 more at 8 p.m. Could I just take all 4 together, for 240mg at once?

I ask because dairy and caffeine are staples in my diet right now so there are limited times I can squeeze in the iron.
MajorMom
on 8/1/13 7:34 pm - VA

Sure, you can take 4 or 5 together. Make sure you can tolerate it. Add the third capsule and see how you do for a day or 2, then add the 4th.  

--g

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Huneypie
on 7/31/13 2:22 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Yep - it's fine to switch around batches.  I have iron at bedtime - an hour from when I last ate dairy or nuts.  For breakfast I have a proteins shake and Greek yogurt, so that wouldn't work for me either.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

starlightlu
on 7/31/13 2:24 am - Canada

diddo for me; i take my iron before bed

laughstarlight

SW 260 SW 257 CW 139 GW 130  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 1082 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 9 replies · 1258 views