Vitamins???

Patriciakindep
on 3/9/14 2:31 pm
DS on 02/24/14

I am two weeks out from surgery, and I'm would wring what vitamins you guys take. I seem to take much less than I'm seeing you guys talk about. I take calcium citrate, iron w/ vit C, and high multi ADEK. I also take a ppi and actigall. What do you think? Am I lacking in the vitamin department? 

MajorMom
on 3/9/14 6:52 pm - VA

There's nothing wrong with starting out slowly as you are but by 3 months post-op you probably should be taking something more in line with Vitalady's plan. Link: http://www.gblcreations.com/Resources/Gina/ProgramDRNY_ERNY_ BPDDS3-2010.pdf  If you get a good set of labs you can tweak doses accordingly.

--gina

5'1" -- HW 195/SW 187/GW 115 July 08/CW 121 Dec 2012
                                 ******GOAL*******

Starting BMI between 35 and 40ish? 
Join us on the
Lightweights Board!
DS on Aug 9, 2007 with Dr. Hazem Elariny

Valerie G.
on 3/10/14 3:37 am - Northwest Mountains, GA

That high multi ADEK is relatively useless and way overpriced, so when you run out, do NOT replace it.  Instead, get dry megadoses seperately.  You can get them at vitalady.com or amazon...and they're tiny little pills for the huge dosages you get.  Also add B, zinc and copper

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

happywife4life
on 3/10/14 6:10 pm
DS on 03/17/14

Hi Ladies, I am getting my surgery on the 17th. I am blessed to have found this forum. My biggest concern is getting the proper vitamins. Any advice for things I should be aware of right from the beginning? Thanks!

If you think you are too small to make a difference, try sleeping with a mosquito - Dalai Lama

Huneypie
on 3/11/14 3:04 am - London, United Kingdom
DS on 07/24/12

Do the Vitalady program, but build up to the iron slowly.  Her pack has 5 Tender iron tablets and you should do one, the first you week you start taking them, then 2 the next and so on.

Lowish BMI? See Lightweights Board! Lightweight Creed For more on DS see www.DSfacts.com
If you don't have peace, it isn't because someone took it from you; you gave it away. You cannot always control what happens to you, but you can control what happens in you John C Maxwell 
View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.comSleeve 2010 Dr López Corvala, Mexico. DS 2012 Dr Himpens, Belgium

I  my DS  

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 2 replies · 765 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 8 replies · 1055 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 4 replies · 349 views