members not as many as I remember

MargaretMary
on 4/30/18 11:41 am

Not seeing the amount of members that I remember. I've been of for several years. Where did they all go. Is there another site that I can follow in addition th this one?

PeteA
on 4/30/18 6:46 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

LOL. It turns out that it is a Terms of Service violation to do this ao you probably won't see any followup.
Which makes sense in one view of the world.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Noodle65
on 4/30/18 7:03 pm
DS on 10/18/12

What does that mean I'm confused I've been away for a few years also and I was also on another support group that has very decrease for tips to patients as well I'm trying to understand why

PeteA
on 4/30/18 8:31 pm - Parma, OH
DS on 04/15/13

I didn't mean to be mysterious. I had a post rejected because I added links to
other groups and it was taken as an effort to steer people away from OH - DS.

Not my intent but clearly by the terms of service I went about it wrong.

People come and go as they get on with their lives. People also sometimes are
unhappy with any strictures on what and how they say things. Every group
I belong to at some point someone has an issue with the moderators. It usually
doesn't amount to anything but sometimes people leave to try something else.

I happen to think OH is more conducive to discussion of issues and problems
so I always circle back but others just moved on.

Pete

HW 552 CW 198 SW 464 4/15/13 - Lap DS by Dr. Philip Schauer - Cleveland Clinic.

Janet P.
on 5/1/18 6:04 am

It's true. I was gone for years and decided to come back to support.

Janet in Leesburg
DS 2/25/03
Hazem Elariny

Jester
on 5/1/18 2:40 pm
RNY on 03/21/16

I have only been on OH for the last 15 months or so (I used to frequent a different site prior to that) and even in that time the level of activity seems to have fallen off here fairly significantly. That being said, I still check in here almost everyday as I find the community here to be overall much more positive and helpful than any of the other online resources I've been a part of. I look at as a trade off of quality vs quantity.

I could be wrong, but I have a feeling that the lack of an app is a contributor, and one of the reasons I did not choose OH as my first choice when joining an online community. Certainly the popularity of social platforms where people are already going on a daily basis makes a dedicated site less attractive, but I really think a highly functional app would help out a ton as it would make checking in so much more convenient.

MargaretMary
on 5/2/18 12:57 pm

Thank you! Great insight (:

Noodle65
on 5/1/18 9:19 pm
DS on 10/18/12

Unfortunately shortly after my DS, I was diagnosed with acute myeloid leukemia. The point of sharing that is I have had the need to frequent cancer survivor support groups over the past 5 years as well and I belong to 2 that at one point were ex stremely active one completely dwindled due to format change that made it difficult for many to follow. conversations recently the same thing happened to the 2nd site so it is very sad when decisions are made relative to format that stop people from participating. I do find the site helpful i came back to ask specific questions regarding my osteoporosis and have received excellent help thus far. I appreciate it.

Julie

Valerie G.
on 5/2/18 1:16 pm - Northwest Mountains, GA

Most have migrated to other social media platforms.

Valerie
DS 2005

There is room on this earth for all of God's creatures..
next to the mashed potatoes

NCMTNEER13
on 5/14/18 6:42 am
VSG on 11/26/18

Especially the younger generations. To them message board sites are outdated and boring. I am a Gen X'er and I remember when message boards where the greatest thing on the internet. I spent most of my 20s on message boards, which in hindsight is probably a contributing factor to me becoming obese. Now its about social media platforms, such as IG, Snapchat, and probably other apps and platforms that I'm not cool enough to know about.

Most Active
Recent Topics
DS to RNY revision?
interpoet · 1 replies · 324 views
calcium/protein
PTcoki · 7 replies · 783 views
Need help for my mom
Fire_Ice · 1 replies · 261 views