Welcome to the New Exercise and Fitness Forum

JeremyGentles
on 8/8/06 12:28 pm - Johnson City, TN
Hello, My name is Jeremy Gentles, ObesityHelp's in house exercise and fitness professional. As you know the new Exercise and Fitness Forum was released. I encourage all of you to explore the illustrated exercise programs, heart reate calculators, great articles and much more. I look forward to interacting with all of you in the coming months and hope the new Execise and Fitness Forum is a valuable resource for you as you strive to live healthy, active lives.  It's Your Journey.....Train For It -Jeremy Gentles, CSCS
mricktor
on 8/10/06 2:19 am - Menlo Park, CA
Hi Jeremy, I am four weeks out of surgery, and I go for my 1 month check up next week.  I am hoping that my surgeon gives me the okay for weight training.  Assuming that he does, can you (or anyone for that matter) recomend a starting program?
mricktor
on 8/11/06 5:46 am - Menlo Park, CA
Okay well  that worked well.
JeremyGentles
on 8/28/06 7:24 am, edited 8/28/06 7:25 am - Johnson City, TN
Sorry I could not get to this earlier but it is difficult to answer all posts in a timely manner. Check out the following link.  Beginner Level Weight/ Resistance Training Program

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

(deactivated member)
on 8/28/06 6:48 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Hi Jeremy, I am 6 months out now - down 76lbs from 256lbs to 181. I exercise fairly regularly on my treadmill and my gazelle but wanted to add some toning in there too. I ordered a Bowflex and have now installed it in my "gym" but wonder how the heck to use it - I have a few dvd's still to study but wonder how everyone else got down to understanding everything it does? Jackie
JeremyGentles
on 8/28/06 7:55 am - Johnson City, TN

I would suggest checking out a couple of links which I will list shortly. 

The Bowflex is a fairly capable home machine. It will allow you to perform many of the same exercises that would require many machines at a health club. I don't of any specific instruction video, book, etc... besides the one bowflex offers. You can however get detailed exercise instructions about many of the exercises you can perform on the Bowflex.  The following is a link to the area within EXRX.net: http://exrx.net/Lists/Directory.html The following is a link to a book that has great illustrations and instructions: http://exrx.net/Store/HK/StrengthTrainingAnatomy.html Hope this helps.

Jeremy Gentles, MA, CSCS
ObesityHelp Exercise Physiologist

(deactivated member)
on 8/29/06 12:28 am - Fredericksburg, VA
RNY on 02/22/06 with
Thanks Jeremy - I will definately check out those links.... I am anxious to get started with some toning before I turn into a mass of loose skin! Jackie
Most Active