Not doing enough?

michelle S.
on 8/11/06 6:47 am - newark, OH
Can anyone with experience advise?  I have been banded for eight weeks now, and began an exercise program the day after surgery.  I cannot afford a trainer or gym, so I use the equipment at my condo clubhouse.  I have worked up to an hour a day on the treadmill, at the moderate pace of about 3.3 mph.  Every other day I work my upper body on the weight machine, but I really don't know what I am doing and no one is ever around to ask.   I just do about 15 minutes on anything that works arms and upper body.  I am at a loss as to how to progress, but I would rather do a comprehensive work out.  My goal is weight loss and improved cardio/aerobic.  Should I walk faster?  Walk less and find a video?  Any advice?

Michelle S.
291/278/249/191 (1st goal)    5'8"  bandiversary 6/15/06

Earl C.
on 8/11/06 12:21 pm - Circleville, OH
Hey Michelle, You're 2 months out so you do want to challenge yourself a little. There are so many internet sites that show the basics exercises and routines, including this one, it should be easy to find information. Personally, I think you should do a full body routine, 2 or 3 days a week and do cardio the other days. Just a suggestion, but you're not that far away from Grove City. I'd be happy to come up and show you how to use the  equipment properly and set up a basic routine.
jennfraker
on 8/12/06 11:46 am - OH
Michelle.. My goal in the beginning was an hour a day.  I did it everyday,no day off from the gym.  Recently I slacked due to being too busy...but just moving to lose is my goal these days.  I am back at the gym and enjoying it once again.  If you look on the exercise forum home page there are some excellent suggestions to use with free weights or resistance bands...it really shows and tells you how to do the exercises.  In fact I am gonna get my weights and give them a try out tonite before I go to bed. Best of Luck to ya.. Jenn

335/160/160 -175  At Goal!!!

Most Active