Help me decide on a treadmill

Frances S.
on 2/20/12 11:00 pm - Crystal Falls, MI
 I've decided to buy a treadmill since I recently reorg'd a couple rooms and am now going to have a dedicated workout room space.  I've been going to my in-laws to use their treadmill.  I already have an elliptical that I enjoy, and at some point we'll setup the road bikes on the trainers.

Anyway, I'd like to spend less than $600, but I don't want the bargain basement models at Wally world.  These are the two I'm considering.  They're actually both made by the same company.  Turns out "Epic" is a brand that ICON Fitness makes exclusively for Costco.. and they also make Nordic Trac.  The Epic treadmill has the iFit SD card option.  The Nordic Trac has the OPTION to use the iFit Live, which I would have to purchase the wireless card for.  I'm not entirely sure how much I care about either of these.  I'm slightly leaning towards the Epic because of the SD card option.  The Epic has a fan, and I'm not sure if the Nordic Trac one does or not.  They both have MP3 hookups, same belt size and same warranty's.  The Nordic Trac has a 12% incline max vs 10% on the Epic.

So, is there anything anyone can see that would be more of an advantage over the other and all feedback welcome.  I'm going to order today I think because I'm not sure how long these prices are good for since both are supposedly marked down.

http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11601728&wh se=BC&Ne=4000000&eCat=BC|111|2268|59192&N=4032545&Mo=10&pos= 1&No=9&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&cat=59192&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDes c1&lang=en-US&Sp=C&ec=BC-EC11001-Cat2268&topnav=   http://www.nordictrack.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_-1_10301_12401_59002_183119

Frances S.
on 2/21/12 2:02 am - Crystal Falls, MI
 Decided on the NordicTrack model.

Placed my order.. got the $569 price.

Literally five minutes later went back to their site and its now listed as $1299.  Wow.
Stella S.
on 2/22/12 9:36 am
I have a Landice.  It was expensive, but well worth the money.  I never consider buying a low cost model....I have in the past and have never been satisfied. 
Melissappr
on 2/28/12 8:33 am, edited 3/1/12 4:31 am
I don't know any specific models to tell you, but always make sure it is an electric treadmill.  A few years back my family got a "bargain" treadmill but it wasn't electric (the track didn't move on its own) and you had to run/push your feet on it for the track to move and it really was bad for my back.  We upgraded to an electric one and it is much nicer and doesn't hurt to use.
Most Active