Thinking of Savannah Rock and Roll 1/2

julesGA
on 6/5/12 11:54 pm - Brunswick, GA
This may be a little too ambitious but I am seriously considering signing up for the Savannah Rock and Roll 1/2 in November.   I'm not even through week 2 of C25K (nor am I doing it comfortably!).  I know y'all are all about the challenge but is it too optimistic to think about a 1/2 only six months away?  Maybe I should concentrate on getting comfy with 5Ks then do the 1/2 next year?    Be honest and real, my feelings won't be hurt.  :)

hrford
on 6/6/12 12:45 am
VSG on 03/19/12
My 1/2 marathon training takes 3 months and it starts where the C25K ends, so I would say it is definitely doable.  I don't know how long the C25k takes but I'm guessing it isn't 12 weeks.

HW: 270 SW: 234.4 CW: 135.0 1stGW:149 (GOAL MET)afreshstart-hreneeh.blogspot.com/
1st 5k: 5/12/12 44:55  PR 4miles: 12/31/2012 35:49

Jillian O.
on 6/6/12 2:59 am - Fort Riley, KS
This will be up to you, only you can make that choice. November is a long time from now. Are there any local groups you join? I can tell you this, several people walk large portions of this race.

The Savannah Rock n Roll isn't going anywhere, I still have yet to do it and won't be doing it this year because of other obligations.

Jillian
Operation Iraqi Freedom Veteran, Army Wife, 3x Ironman Finisher

julesGA
on 6/6/12 10:21 pm, edited 6/6/12 10:26 pm - Brunswick, GA
 Thanks Jillian.   I lknow I have to make the decision myself but not having any experience training for a race of any distance I just didn't know if it was even realistic to consider it.   There is a track club on St Simons, I hadn't even thought of joining. doh!     

I think my biggest problem is I just can't wrap my head around the fact that I can do some of these things.  The fat girl is still in my head telling me I am kidding myself.  I'm ready for that ***** to move out! 

Thanks for the words.  I hope we will get to meet at one of these events someday!  

Most Active