5K run today-is this going to hurt?

SkinnyScientist
on 12/30/14 2:06 pm

Hi guys,

So to end the new year (and keep myself exercising) close to my wedding, I signed up for a 5K run that raises money for a therapeutic riding school for disabled kids.  I am so excited because it raises money for horses and children!

The bad part? As things got more busy towards the wedding date, I let the temp runs go and did only long slow distance.

I always push myself REALLY hard on a timed "race."  So it kind of "hurts" more than usual (i.e. I feel exertion...not pain).

So how bad is this going to be?

I am starting to dread this run and i is in 14 hours.

I hate the mix of anticipation AND dread

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

Ms.Desertdoll
on 12/30/14 11:04 pm

Good for you! 5ks are a great place to start and before you know it the race is over. If you are going to push yourself, you may be a little sore a day or two after the race. The goal of your first 5k should just be to finish don't worry about the time. If your long slow runs were more than 3.1 miles...your golden.

Enjoy the day. Enjoy being an athlete.

From another skinny scientist.

SkinnyScientist
on 12/30/14 11:06 pm

Oh..I have been running 5Ks for awhile 

This issue is...I have being doing 6 miles of long slow distance WHEN I get out.

Ms.Desertdoll
on 1/2/15 2:56 am

OOPS!

I hope you did well and had a great day!

billmacc7
on 12/31/14 12:27 am - MA

Hope your 5K today went well...even when I have not done well in terms of training, I usually have a slower time but ANY 5k I finish to me is a NSV!

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

SkinnyScientist
on 12/31/14 1:32 am

I like the way you think...putting it into perspective, I couldnt do a 5K this time last year!

It is my surgiversary today...and I am running a 5K

billmacc7
on 12/31/14 6:42 am - MA

Congrats on the 5K and Happy Surgiversary!!! You know to think I could walk, let alone run a 5K before WLS was just laughable!! It is reflecting on my ability to be healthy today that is most important... I just signed up for a half marathon (in March) gotta get to training!!

Be well....

Yours in WLS Journey,

Bill Mac

Most Active