13 Days Post Op-Exercise and Fitness Questions

BigGirlSlim
on 1/17/06 2:41 am - Jersey City, NJ
Hi Everyone, I am 13 weeks post op. At my last check in a week ago I was 293 lbs (down 16 lbs) and my goal is to be 160-170 lbs. My doctors agree this is a health weight for me at 5'8. I am looking to start working out and weight training as soon as the doctor says okay. I am noticing that I am getting softer in the areas I was once hard from muscle/fat. I have weight trained off and on for the last ten years. I am thinking of following the Body for Life Exercise plan mixed with a workout plan my husband is following. Any suggestions for starting out? Any exercises that work at toning the mid section and bottom?
MaryS
on 1/17/06 10:16 pm - Long Island, NY
Hi Tina, Congratulations on your success so far. I think working out is key to our ultimate success. So great job on looking into getting started. At this point, I would suggest an all over workout. You'll want to do something with an aerobic component and weight training. It sounds like you probably already know what to do from your prior years of lifting. Body for Life is probably a good place to start. Good luck getting started. You might want to join us in a thread every evening on the main board by Kathy S - the subject is move to lose. Everyone writes about what they did for exercise and it is great accountability and motivation. Take care, Mary 302/181/1??
Most Active