Partlypollyanna’s Posts

Partlypollyanna
on 4/22/22 4:05 am
Topic: RE: Is boxing a good exercise for me I weigh over 500 lbs

Boxing a great exercise but you should be consulting with your medical team on what are the best exercises for you. They should be able to identify anything you should avoid initially, might know programs locally that can help you get started, etc.

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 1/6/20 11:24 am
Topic: RE: Weekly Workout 01/06/2020

Monday - rest day

tuesday - 30 min elliptical (including 1.92M Switzerland path), 50 minute Pilates jump class

Wednesday - 40 min elliptical (including 4M Antarctica track)

thursday - 30 min elliptical (including 4.6M Galapagos track), 50 minute pilates jump class, possibly 50 minute pilates stretch class

Friday - 30 min elliptical (2M Ile Vache Marine island track), 30 minute 9 rounds boxing session

Saturday - 50 minute aerial yoga, 40 minute elliptical (4.6M eTingvillir, Iceland track)

Sunday - 40 Min elliptical - 3.5M Chamonix, France track)

I bought myself a flex strider from Nordic track in December -- the ability to see different parts of the world while working out (and have the adjustment for appropriate elevation gains/losses) is very motivating; I'm currently working my way through various parks. I find that my stride is faster than they anticipate in their timing so I just make up the remaining time to my 30-40 minute plan by doing laps and alternating elliptical striding and stair stepping). I'm adding this to my Pilates and boxing workouts.

Only disappointing thing is my fitbit doesn't count my elliptical "steps" correctly. I can log the activity time but not the true step count.

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 11/21/19 12:44 pm
Topic: RE: NordicTrack Flex Strider

Has anyone used the flex strider? Supposedly it lets you do stairclimber, elliptical and treadmill all on the same equipment by simply changing your stride. I am also curious if anyone has any experience with their iFit coaching program/feedback on their graphics (they indicate that if you're doing the climber, they can make it seem like you're climbing the steps at the Acropolis or if you're doing the rower (which I'm also thinking about so if anyone has any feedback on rowers) they can make it seem like you're cruising the Thames. I am curious but skeptical.

Jen

Partlypollyanna
on 5/8/19 5:17 am
Topic: RE: How are you exercising today, Wednesday?

I've not posted on this forum before but want to start being a bit more detailed in my exercise planning and execution (and hopefully progression), kind of like the accountability of the menu thread.

Wednesday - 5/8

20 minutes rower, 3100 meters

10 min recumbent elliptical, 1/2 mile

10 80lb off set assisted pull ups

15 80lb off set assisted dips

Jen

Most Active