What are you eating today (Thursday) or yesterday?

vlp1968
on 2/20/13 5:58 pm

Hello,

Pretty good day yesterday, but did have a second serving of nuts.  Night time is hard for me, lots of hunger.  Did abs with my trainer i the morning.  Today biceps with her and 30 min. on the treadmill.

B- Fiber one and yogurt

S- Protein shake

L- Chili

S- Wheat thins and cheese

D- Fish and veggie stew

S- 1/4 c nuts

Jean M.
on 2/20/13 8:37 pm
Revision on 08/16/12

What time do you usually eat dinner? What time do you usually go to bed? I think it's important to learn how to eat when we're physically hungry (rather than for reasons like boredom, stress, sadness, etc.). I try not to eat too close to bedtime (it's an invitation to reflux), but otherwise I don't think there's anything wrong with nighttime eating as long as it doesn't fall into the category of mindless grazing. Maybe you could add a non-starchy veg (depending on what you can tolerate) or a fruit to your evening snack?

My food plan today:
S: protein latte
S: oatmeal w/ walnuts, blueberries, & a dollop of Greek yogurt
L: Babybel cheese, apple, fennel
S: trail mix
S: raw jicama
D: Thai style chicken, roasted veggies (Brussels sprouts, parsnips, onion, carrots)
S: snack mix (chocolate Fiber One cereal, peanuts, banana chips)

This morning's exercise class was canceled because the instructor has laryngitis, and it's very icy out there so I don't really want to venture out of the house until I absolutely have to (to go to work).

Jean

Jean McMillan c.2009-2013 - Always a bandster at heart
author of Bandwagon (TM), Strategies for Success  with the Adjustable Gastric Band & Bandwagon Cookery. Bandwagon for Kindle now available on Amazon.  Read my blog at: jean-onthebandwagon.blogspot.com 

prek-3
on 2/21/13 1:53 am - Hollywood, FL
Hi jean!
I remember what an old weigh****cher leader said, sometimes especially at night, ya just gotta get to bed already cause you re using the food or energy! I have found this to be true for me!
Prek3
Carmen

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

vlp1968
on 2/20/13 10:00 pm

Good questions Jean.  I really don't know, I do tend to get bored at night, but it does feel like real hunger.  However, as I'm typing, I am realizing if I am occupied at night, even if it's just a long talk on the phone with a friend, I am not as hungry.  So... I need to find things to occupy my time in the evening.  TV isn't cutting it lol.

I eat dinner around 6- go to bed around 9, I am an early riser.  I have no problems with acid reflux.  My eating is typically done by 7:30 ish, even if I snack more than intended.

prek-3
on 2/21/13 1:57 am - Hollywood, FL
Hey VIP,
That amazes me, when I am engrossed in something it never crosses my mind to eat ! Gosh does that speak volumes, huh?
Prek3

Nov 10,2009 I reached GOALL BYE  BYE  130 POUNDS! It wasn't about the FOOD, it was about what was eating at YOU!  Time for a Head adjustment!    **July 2011 Plastic Surgery Lower Body Lift

Exercise    is not a LUXURY!

Exercise  is a  NECESSITY

Kitty C
on 2/20/13 11:02 pm, edited 2/20/13 11:02 pm

Not feeling all that.  Maybe it's all the crud going around - don't know.  I'm not sick per se, just not feeling 100%.  Kinda like if you stayed home you'd be like, "Ok, I could have gone to work"  but when you come into work, you're like, "Ugh I s/h stayed home."  Anyhoo, this is what's on tap.  Not the best breakfast, I know.....

B-LF hot chocolate; pistachios

S-Asst nuts

L-Chicken and chickpea w/ spinach stew

S-Greek yogurt (s/h this for breakfast)

D-Chicken meatloaf; steamed cauliflower and broccoli florets

Water throughout the day

grannymedic1
on 2/21/13 12:14 am - Lake Odessa, MI
Revision on 08/21/12

Today will be all about running around and appointments, much like yesterday.

B. Oatmeal with light yogurt

S. Double protein shake

L. Chicken and asparagus ( unless hubbie talks me into going to our favorite Mexican restaraunt between appts.

S. Almonds

D. Bean soup

S. Protein  puffs 

S. If needed for total protein I will add a protein bar.

I have been having trouble getting my protein in for the day and several days recently I have fallen far short of the minimum.

Highest weight: 212.8 Current weight 135 Lost 77.8 pounds

alicemenezes
on 2/21/13 3:02 pm

Well, what did I have yesterday:

Breakfast: 2 egg whites and a bowl of oats.

Lunch: 2 Indian breads and minced beef. (And a little from friends tiffins at work. Well, I know it's not the custom there but here in India  share food wink)

Dinner: Nothing.

Strange diet, isn't it.? Trying to shed the kilos by May actually. So I'm working on a strict deadline.

single incision laparoscopic cholecystectomy | single incision laparoscopic appendectomy

Most Active