I'm gonna be a rapper

dakotahmama
on 3/6/07 3:36 pm
Well, wrapper that is.   Yes, after so many weeks of waiting (since January 26th when I saw the physical therapist for my eval).....my wrap kits are in, so I can finally start decongestive therapy for the lymphedema in my legs.  I'm SO ready to look like a mummy.  I want to thank God for making this all possible. I posted about it in my blog, so if you have the time and would like to read about what this means for me, then please check out my profile.   BTW- I just completely revamped my profile too...I think it's real pretty!  Best of all the stuff in "my story" is finally centered thanks to the one who fixed that for me...you know who you are...the most talented "sprucer" of all profiles  you rock!! Thanks to everyone for their support and have a GRRREAT day!

www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne                       Lymphedema AwareneOriginal butterfly pin, no longer available for purchasess:                                       We are here

Reply to This Post Quote Post Report Post Edit Post
Skylarhailey Member Since: 11/28/06 [Latest Posts]

Loved the title of your post LOL. I've been reading the lymphadema forum here and see where these wrappers combined with decongestive therapy and elastic stockings are so important. I'm glad that you are finally on the road to proper treatment and sad that it has taken you so long to get proper insurance coverage - that is unfair. Good luck with the treatment. Skylar

Back to the top Reply to This Post Quote Post Report Post Contact Friend
dakotahmama Buffalo County, SD Fredrick Harris, M.D. Member Since: 01/06/06 [Latest Posts] Thanks for your response and support.  I love to laugh, and sometimes I wonder if my sense of humor translates when I post, or if it comes off as just being nerdy.  Anyway, I am thrilled to be getting the treatments.  In fact, my first appointment is scheduled for Monday @ 10 am---I'll be going every day (2 hours per day) for 2 weeks and then a couple times a week for 4 weeks. I'm excited to see how much weight I lose with all the fluid that's gonna leave my body....that should be inspiring for me to continue trying to lose as much as possible pre-op with diet and exercise.

www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws www.Bigoo.ws

"Courage is being scared to death, but saddling up anyway." - John Wayne                       Lymphedema AwareneOriginal butterfly pin, no longer available for purchasess:                                       We are here

HW: 564/SW:515.5/CW:342.2/GW:164/Height: 5' feet
Post-op loss=173.3 lbs ~ Pre-op loss=48.5 lbs ~ Lab Rat Chart

Tammy Bishop
on 3/8/07 2:18 am - Buffalo, MN
dakotahmama
on 4/1/07 12:53 pm

Hi Tammy, Sorry for the delay in responding to your post.  I don't always check this board even though I should, and until the last couple of days haven't really been on OH much lately.  Busy wrapping I guess.  It really has taken over our lives these last 2 weeks.  My sister and I drive an hour and a half away to Avera Queen of Peace to see the PT there.  She is great!  Starting tomorrow we will be focusing on my right leg, as these first 2 weeks were all about my left.  We're doing the massage and some exercises.  I wear the wraps as much as possible.  My sis is going to be wrapping the left from now on....so our sessions can be more about the right leg.  It is bigger and more difficult to wrap so the PT decided we would start slow and just do the left to begin with.  It is a 188 mile RT each time we go, so I am glad that we are now going to be doing it just 3 times a week for the next several weeks.....gas being so high anyway it is costing a small fortune, but it is worth it!  I have a long way to go and hope to get into compression hose sometime in the next year as my legs are in pretty bad shape....so large and deformed with lots of folds and lobes (really quite hideous!). I'm sorry to hear about your thigh surgery causing the lymphedema.  I hope things can get better for you and the scarring.  Hopefully early intervention is going to add to your success.  I saw your profile pics....and you are just a tiny lady....you look fabulous!  Congrats on your award too.  It's neat to know there are angels out there that want to continue to help others even after they have made it to the losers bench. I am leaning toward having the DS myself and will probably travel to your neck of the woods to see Dr. Buchwald.  Not sure how this is all going to work out yet.  Right now I'm kinda wrapped up with the lymphie treatments...man this disease is the pits (no pun intended...well okay maybe a little --- lol...it keeps me from crying sometimes anyway).  Hopefully this week I'll be able to make some phone calls and get more info.  I was going to see Dr. Harris in Sioux Falls, but he mainly does RNY and has just started doing a few DS---I'm thinking I want to go with someone a little more experienced with the DS, so now I'm back at square one on gathering info.  Well, I gotta go roll some freshly washed (air dried of course) wraps, so I'll end my ramblings here.  I hope to talk to you soon.  Best wishes.

Tammy Bishop
on 4/5/07 2:36 am - Buffalo, MN
I have a local online DS support group and I'd love to send you an invitation to join.  Send me your email address to: [email protected]   and I'll get it right out to you.  I have tons of information on my website to help you with research on the DS.  Let me know if you have any questions.  I'm kind of the local DS authority since I facilitate the monthly DS support group too. Tammy

Tammy (Bishop) Simmon
Insurance Appeal Advocate
Center for Bariatric Advocacy and Support
DS with Dr. Buchwald
1-13-04  ~ 285 lbs. to 125 lbs.

dakotahmama
on 4/5/07 10:55 pm
Thanks Tammy that is terrific.  I'd love to join.  I got your other post and already sent you a PM with my email.  I am so glad to be able to learn from someone who has the DS, especially those who saw Dr. Buchwald.  Thanks again! - Des

Most Active