instead movie popcorn I eat??

Katie B.
on 6/4/11 10:17 am - WA
I am post op 1 month, one of my favorite pasttimes is going to the movies, with that I can not deny I could never go without eating movie theater popcorn.
I want to go to the movies and am so worried the popcorn will call my name so very loudly I won't be able to concentrate on anything else, especially the movie.
What are other options to popcorn?

tcherlady
on 6/4/11 8:27 pm - McDonough, GA
beef jerky or pork rinds
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/whaNzqe/]
[img]http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/whaNzqe/weight.png[/img]
[/url]

carmenchica
on 6/7/11 5:27 am - Houston, TX
I'm a movie "sneaker". single SF flavor pack, jalapeño almonds in a ziploc, a few SF lifesavers, and sometimes a Oh Yeah Wafer protein bar or a Mozz cheese stick. buy a bottled water at the theater and add the SF flavor pack to it. NO WAY can i sit there and not eat during a movie.
Katie B.
on 6/8/11 2:18 pm - WA
Thank you for the tips, much appreciated!
crystal M.
on 6/17/11 4:52 am - Joliet, IL
I always sneak in a small pack of nuts...almonds or walnuts ot cashews.  I some times mix raisins in with the nuts. 
AMYH-M
on 6/21/11 9:44 am - League City, TX
Try almonds, freeze dried veggies, protien bars, ostrim meat sticks, cheese sticks, and protien cereal.
stariiiiiii
on 6/22/11 5:17 am - Dearborn Heights, MI
You k now what....go ahead and eat that popcorn!  Buy a small and bring a small container from home.  Put some of the popcorn in the container and then add nuts or raisins etc to it.  Sometimes if you mix in puffed rice cereal it will take on the flavor of the popcorn and add more to your bowl.  You get what you really want without going overboard and it all tastes great
BetterMe711
on 8/6/11 2:29 am - SC
Revival Soy makes good protein chips in a lot of flavors. They give you a crunch and they're good for you.
Richbehr
on 9/21/11 6:26 am - North Haven, CT
RNY on 03/24/08 with

All those above sound really good, but they are salty and you want to drink something, but with my bladder "issues" I'd miss half the movie going to the bathroom. I take in a bag of baby carrots. They are crunchy and sweet and won't make me thirsty, plus it's a good way to get some veggies in me.

"Death borders upon our birth, and our cradle stands in the grave. Our birth is nothing but our death begun."

cjcsoon2brn
on 11/28/11 6:28 pm
RNY on 04/09/12
Have you tried bringing some toasted almonds with you from home. I buy almonds in the grocery store and put a very small amount of salt on them (or you can skip the salt) and then toast them in the oven for a few minutes. Very similar taste to popcorn (in my opinion) and I don't think it would hurt to have a water bottle with you.

- Chris
Most Active