Possible Diet Deficiency?

Wobbly3
on 7/26/11 8:27 pm, edited 8/3/11 7:19 pm
Diminishing Dawn
on 7/29/11 5:48 am - Windsor, Canada
Has your wife gotten all her labs done lately?? That is what is key --- getting a thorough bloodwork panel done including the b vitamins. It sounds like possibly she could have neuropathy which can result in skin sensitivity itchiness and pain or tingling. B12 could be a culprit but regardless of any speculation here she should be getting all labs done on a fairly regular basis

17+ years post op RNY. first year blog here or My LongTimer blog. Tummy Tuck Dr. Matic 2014 -Ohip funded panni Windsor WLS support group.message me anytime!
HW:290 LW:139 RW: 167 CW: 139

Wobbly3
on 7/29/11 6:43 am
H.A.L.A B.
on 8/2/11 8:04 am
RLS - may also be a sign of low iron, low ferritin. 
Low proteins level - may also cause muscle weakness and issues. (I am currently on 120-160 gr protein per day - to make sure my blood work show mid normal and not low normal proteins level). 
Low level of vit B12 or B1 - may cause permanent nerve damage.  Currently I am on weekly B12 injections (pill form or liquid did not work well for me)

Skin issue  - don't let me start on that - one - Vit A deficiency, low levels of good Omega 3 may cause that. Then there is fungal - yeast issue, and last - sensitivity to artificial sweeteners (splenda, nutrasweet, etc) artificial colors and flavoring (that so many protein supplements have). I had to clean my diet, and remove most of those from my daily intake.   I developed skin issues - that goes away once I am off that stuff for a week or 2.  

And the list can go on.  Most docs do not know that. I went to a couple dermatologist and the only thing they gave me was creams and pills.    Once I discontinued the artificial stuff- and introduced extara vitamins, minerals, good oils, etc... most of my symptoms went away.  Unfortunately it is easier said than done.    

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Wobbly3
on 8/2/11 5:02 pm
Most Active