I am not getting enough protein

Ashley G.
on 6/21/12 4:31 am - SC
So now what?

I am 5 weeks post-op, and I just can't eat enough at meals.  I attempted to eat two turkey sausage patties this morning, and I only had room for one.  I drink protein shakes, but as a meal, not as a snack.  They make me so full!

My weight loss has definitely slowed down, but I think it's because I'm not getting enough protein.  What should I do?

H.A.L.A B.
on 6/26/12 7:52 am
Try to get enough. It is not easy - but doable. When I had problems I always went back to clear protein drinks - isopure was the one that I would drink. Or chicken protein soup.
When I make my own protein shake - many times the air gets trapped inside the shake (air bubbles) that they made me so full. 
I learn to make the shakes - pulse the blender - to minimize the air trapped. Let it sit for 10-30 min (with some ice) skim the foam then drink the shake. Making the shake based on water r- and not milk- makes it more liquid - and allow to drink more. Also using good quality whey isolate not whey concentrate - makes that easier.
I do love About Time Whey isolate powder - I buy them all the time - and they do not foam as badly as some other powders. They are also not as sweet, so I can even use 1 scoop of powder with 4 oz of water.   Even now - sometimes it is easier to get 4 oz than to drink 8 or 10 oz in a shake.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Most Active