Getting enough protein?

shopaholic2014
on 3/3/14 5:10 am

I am 2 weeks pre-op sleeve gastrectomy and have just started my liquid diet. My concern is that I will not get enough protein and stay within my recommended calories. The nutritionist said 60-90 grams of protein and to stay around 800 calories. Any suggestions? 

NicoleLynn2
on 3/7/14 6:14 pm - Orange Park, FL

I would look into protein shakes/powders.  There are some out there that are only 100 calories when you mix then with water and have like 20 some grams of protein.  If you wanted to make them with something other tha****er unsweetened almond milk is usually really low in calories as well.  Hope this helps and good luck!

Highest weight: 289

Lowest weight: 131

Current weight: 131!!!!!!!

Just looking for a way to have plastic surgery now.

When the world says, "Give up,"Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
~Author Unknown

theeblindtiger
on 3/15/14 11:14 am, edited 3/15/14 11:15 am - SC

Yes.  This is my best friend you will love it! 15 grams of protein 1 carb.  Awesome !!!!! And you won't get tired of the same ole pudding taste...http://www.nashuanutrition.com/store/cold-drinks/healthsmart-fruit-drink-lemon-razzy-7-box.html.  They are fast shippers too :). Good luck ! I am 3 years out after gastric bypass I have gotten all protein requirements in no problem every day because of this ... 

Best of luck :) ... It will give you your life back :) your friend, felicia smith

cindylou59
on 4/2/14 5:39 pm

I have grown to love cottage cheese! I buy it in the small, 4 oz containers. Then add some water packed fruit or fresh fruit.

You can also run the cottage cheese in the blender and use it in recipes that call for ricotta cheese or any other smooth cheese.

Most Active