Drinking drinks or carbonated beverages

want2bsmall
on 12/31/14 3:52 am - NC

So with drinking drinks or carbonated beverages how many of you do it and how many of you don't and why reasons?!? Go

CindyN53
on 12/31/14 9:34 am - Gimli, Canada

I do drink sugar free soft drinks. My only issue with weight gain was my total lack of control with portions at meal times, and very poor meal choices...way too rich and carb heavy. I am 8 months post op, hit my goal weight last month. I was 230 I am now 125 the surgery I had was VSG. My eating plan since surgery has been 90% paleo, the only things I have kept were the diet drinks and small amounts of dairy. The surgery helped with portion control, and the paleo plan will help me keep the weight off. No more pasta, sugar, grains of any kind. So, I feel for me keeping the soft drink was not a huge issue. 1/2 cup 2 to 3 times a day.

T Hagalicious Rebel
Brown

on 1/2/15 9:54 am - Brooklyn
VSG on 04/25/14 with

I'm guessing with drinking drinks you mean alcohol & I do occasionally have a drink, like on special occasions & I have very little of it, like half a glass. The last time I had a drink was on Christmas. Pre op I had some whiskey after work maybe 1-3 times a week & it was half a glass at that. Post op it's less than half a glass, more like a shot glass, & only every couple of months, if that. I don't have a problem with drinking but since I'm in weight loss mode it's a sinful indulgence.

I drink carbonated beverages too, just the no sugar/carbs monster energy drinks, but usually I only have 1, maybe 2 & I sip it all day. I don't have a problem with it, but it doesn't go down as easily as plain water. I only drink the monster drinks cuz I like them & they're on sale at the gas station.

No one surgery is better than the other, what works for one may not work for another. T-Rebel

https://fivedaymeattest.com/

lo_ri_p
on 1/3/15 10:02 am - Ocala, FL

I have heard on a health show that any carbonated beverage can make you more hungry because the gas temporarily expands your stomach and makes you feel like you need to eat more.  I don't know if that is true but I know that it definitely puts air in my stomach which is the last thing I need now.

msski
on 1/3/15 11:40 am - Enterprise, AL

I drink Coke Zero. It is my addiction. I know how to burp ;) I had Open RNY Sept 7 2001. My surgeon was pretty straight up with me said he could give a list of do's and Don't but he said most important listen to my body. I must be doing something right got to goal in 10 months and I'm still at goal. 

cspotrun
on 1/4/15 6:31 am
RNY on 07/01/14

Presurgery I drank 2 diet Mt. Dews daily, but haven't had any since surgery.  My doctor isn't against soda, but the couple times I have had a sip of diet coke, it was very uncomfortable. I wouldn't say painful, but really did not feel good going down.  No soda for me!

Karen   

Most Active